TBSS intake swap

rdavid0412

you will need an xlink to control the bigger TB or the 4-3 TB adapter, if possible the fuel rails and cross over form the TBSS manifold, and that is about it. If you are going to use the injectors from the TBSS, then you will also need the harness to convert from multitec 2 injectors to ev6

He was saying you need an x link to control that style of tb on our trucks. Or you could use an adapter on the front of the intake to run our stock three bolt tb on it should you not want to buy an x link.

As far as fuel lines go, you could use aftermarket rails and braided lines with an aftermarket regulator. Or I think i have heard of guys using the stock lq9 rails and cutting/modifying the crossover line to make it work, but that may have been the l92 intake I'm thinking of.....so try some searching for that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Nope, the pins and electronics on the inside of the TB's are completely different. To run the larger tb you will need the adapter harness. There's no getting around that. On a forced induction system that the compressor is pre TB having the larger inlet doesn't do much as it would on a N/A setup but the manifold will flow better out of the box than the truck intake

Keep in mind my truck lost 10 HP/TQ when going to the TBSS intake. Something about the stock runner length is optimized for the truck application. I think a FAST por FAST replica is best bet... whats the cheap version of FAST intake? I forget