Hydroboost

Sirbutler

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hydroboost brake booster, hydroboost pedal, the various hardlines that come off the booster and a 3/8" tee fitting for the power steering line. mine was done a year ago so it's a little fuzzy. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Pt.net has a good tutorial on it btw.

The pedal, hydroboost unit (goes from the pedal to the stock master cylinder) I would buy new new lines from the power steering pump to the hb unit and the return lines etc, you can also use the ps pump from the donor that already has the return on it or tee into the return. You will have to have a ps pulley removal and install tool though. Took me about 5 hrs start to finish but that included making a new pulley installer since mine decided to break.

Sorry to get a lil off topic but im unfamiliar with this what exactly do it do??

instead of using vaccum off the intake to help it uses fuild from the PS pump. with my truck being boosted i have had it to where a few times i have applied the brakes right after doing a pull and there was nothing there. damn near smoked a curb once. it was all i could do to get the truck slowed down. it was like I had no brakes. hydro boost will help that. I have yet to install mye hydro boost but i have everything for it. got it off a newer chevy van 2500. picked everything up for $60.00 at the junk yard.

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

Big brakes would give you more braking power than hydroboost

Yes and No, I have done both big brakes (Baer 6s fronts/15'rotors, Alumasport rears/14"rotors ) and hydroboost. While the big brakes did help over stock, it took hydroboost to really make the system come together. Big brakes on a vacuum assisted setup leave room for improvements, especially if you have a cam that makes little vacuum

Yes and No, I have done both big brakes (Baer 6s fronts/15'rotors, Alumasport rears/14"rotors ) and hydroboost. While the big brakes did help over stock, it took hydroboost to really make the system come together. Big brakes on a vacuum assisted setup leave room for improvements, especially if you have a cam that makes little vacuum

I was thinking that this would be the hot set-up. Thanks for verifying the thought. :thumbsup:

Reynaldo,

Because your now running more lines from the power steering pump I would assume this makes the pump work a little harder. Do you think there is now more parasitic loss on the motor using this? I never did this because I'm afraid of sucking more hp out of my motor. I always joked that if I needed to stop faster at the end of track....I would just add a chute instead of adding rotating weight or lossing any power from the motor

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)