does the ss auto start?

Vette.SSS.SHO2

started my truck and didn't hold the key in start quite long enough. to my surprise it seemed that he engine kept cranking even when I let go and successfully started the engine. I know some cars do have this kind of feature, turning the key to start doesn't actually engage the starter, it just instructs the car to activate an automatic startup process. I know you have to hold the key to start for a second or so before this happens on the SS. but the owners manual doesn't seem to confirm that such a mechanism is part of the SS. does anyone know for sure?

my truck does the same thing all the time as well. I just bump the key and let go and the truck will start. once I did this when i was having issues with there truck not starting and it just kept turning over until i pulled the key back and out of the ignition.

I believe there was a TSB on faulty ignition switches for these trucks. If I remember correct some problems were keys getting stuck in the ignition, continuous cranking and there was some other complaint. The problem sounds like the switch cylinder to me.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

I think it does have some kind of keep cranking feature, my truck has done it a number of times where I've bumped the starter and it kept cranking till it started.

Really? My Toyota 4Runner has this, you just stick the key in and touch it and the thing starts automatically without having to turn the key and hold. And since I am used to this since I drive it all the time and not the SS, I'll find myself doing the same in the SS only to have the starter stop when I let go of the key.

Mine has done that function since day one. I think the truck is just smart enough to be able to tell once it's started and will crank until that happens. I normally hold the key in the start position for a second and then let it start. I can't say that it's on all the truck, but at least 2006. I'm not positive, but I think my buddies 2003 Tahoe does the same thing.

Mine has done that function since day one. I think the truck is just smart enough to be able to tell once it's started and will crank until that happens. I normally hold the key in the start position for a second and then let it start. I can't say that it's on all the truck, but at least 2006. I'm not positive, but I think my buddies 2003 Tahoe does the same thing.

x2