2013 Western SS Meet. Feeler Thread (Las Vegas)

So after reading comments on the TBSS/SSS Nationals thread, it seems like there might be some interest in having a large west coast meet, most likely in Vegas.

So I figured I would post this up as a feeler to gauge how much REAL interest there might be in having such a meet in Las Vegas.

I think Vegas would be a great spot to have a West Coast Meet for several reasons. #1 its not that far of a drive for many of the west coast members, especially those in the LA area, and #2 Vegas is a destination, and it might also attract a few from the east coast that may be willing to fly out for the event just because it is in Las Vegas.

If we do decide to organize a large meet like this I will be able to help organize it, but I would definitely need some help. I know Vegas very well so I have a few ideas of places to meet, and things to do. It would be fun to have a bunch of SS’s cruise the strip, then over to Lake Mead, and the Hoover Dam.

I think sometime in fall would be the best time to have the meet. We don’t want to do it in the middle of the summer because its so damn hot, but on the other hand hotel rooms are cheaper in the summer,

We will have to see how much interest we get from the SSS crowd, and of course we need to get the TBSS crowd involved as well. We also may be able to open it up to more cars, especially and other SS’s (Camaros, Cobalts, etc…).

So what do you guys think?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going on a road trip in most likely early July all through Cali and then up to Vegas and back to Canada so I'd be interested if it was in July or something. CanadianVRss is likely coming with, either riding shotgun or bringing his SS

Are you driving from Edmonton through cali? Thats a long trip

Are you driving from Edmonton through cali? Thats a long trip

Yup, it's a long drive but worth it. Want to see the sights as we make our way down, theres 2 other cars coming with me, we're gonna try to hit up car shows as we go and whatnot.

That would be sweet. I would be willing to plan a meet around your schedule, especially if there are a couple SS's possible coming. We will have to see what the other memebers think. I have no problem meeting in July. Its hot as hell, but you get use to it.

^ Yeah it get very hot there in July, but on the otherhand it is so much cheaper to go there in the Summer.

It will be up to the group about when we would like to attempt this. I am down for anytime. I will go there in the Summer or Fall. I would rather not in the winter because the roads up north get so nasty.

you said school .. what about a spring break meet ? even thou that might be too short of notice... i say vegas should be a spring or fall meet, maybe do a track day or dyno day with zippy or something?? just throwing ideas out there .

you said school .. what about a spring break meet ? even thou that might be too short of notice... i say vegas should be a spring or fall meet, maybe do a track day or dyno day with zippy or something?? just throwing ideas out there .

Our spring beak happens when there's still snow on the ground here so truck status in garage, and its too close to exams to afford to go out of town sadly.

I do like the idea of track day or dyno day

Edited by ThatTallCanadian (see edit history)

Im down! I could slap 3weeks vacation on my managers desk and throw up my dueces. cool.png

It would be awesome to meet you all and get a live tune from Zippy... Hmm. 3,320 miles. I guess i better leave tonight? Haha. I see a couple Canadian brothers are making the trip. I could talk to the guys up in AK and see what they say. We could meet up in canada with the guys, rip down to the states and check out the whole west coast. I know you said REAL interest so im not promising anything, as this would be a hell of a trip and very expensive, but ill keep it in mind. But if us AK and Canada guys are gonna make the trip, there are no excuses for any of you other SSS guys to not show.

I'm going on a road trip in most likely early July all through Cali and then up to Vegas and back to Canada so I'd be interested if it was in July or something. CanadianVRss is likely coming with, either riding shotgun or bringing his SS

We could get some CB radios and have a whole convoy of SSSs cruisin for Vegas. Haha. Lets hope we still have our licenses by the time we make it back home... Better bring the police scanner just in case. Haha.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)