knock sensor head rusted off and cant get out WTF

built04SS

Ok so went to replace the knock sensors a few min ago amd got everything off and one out... went to the back one and its so rusted that the heads rusted off... wth do i do to get this thing out theres nothing to grab ahold of... is there a special tool or do i need to break the vally cover to get it out

Yeah well im scared to do that lol bc its so rusted its just crumbling.. its a 5.3 motor can i take the cover off with it still in there and just have to get new gaskets or what.. i know on my 6.0 i couldnt

Yeah i know all that but like on my camaro i could take the cover off with the sensors in it but had to jank it to ger he seals off.... think ima just break the vally cover i got abt 20 of them and try that rout

you should be able to just pry off the vally cover and get to the bottom of the sensor. the vally cover just has the gaskets pressed in the bottom of it to seal it. it should be like any other LS motor.

you should be able to just pry off the vally cover and get to the bottom of the sensor. the vally cover just has the gaskets pressed in the bottom of it to seal it. it should be like any other LS motor.