PI Converter

I found a Vigilante 10.5 - single disc - 2400 stall - #3 pump - rated to 1500 / 1600hp for sale new in the box for $600.

The converter will be installed in my 2003 Silverado SS {AWD}. Truck has a stock 6.0L motor with the 4L80e {conversion} transmission {w/Trucool}. I'm running a Procharger P1SC {3.7"pulley} @ 8-10 lbs of boost, 42lb delphi 8.1 marine injectors, & Blackbear tuned. The truck has 100k on it & is my daily driver. I would like a little better launch without sacrificing day to day drive-ability & maintain tow/hauling capabilities {I rarely tow}.

What are your thoughts on this converter? Should I save my $ for a triple disc?

Thanks for your input,

Tim

What advantage will wot lock-ups give me?

I have a converter that came with the conversion pkg. {about 7k on the tc & the tranny}. Torque Converter is out of a 4.8 van, cut/cleaned, a new lockup clutch put in & reworked to a higher stall {2550}. Maybe I should try this one before investing in a different tc. I don't want the tc to blow up & take the tranny out too!!

Edited by TSA (see edit history)

My.02 !!!

Spend the extra money, Get a PI triple disc with a stall that matches your set up !!!

Call PI and they will build it to your spec's !!!

I would think you need a stall of around 2800 thats what Zippy recommended to me if I go with a blower !!!

Hope this helped !!!

The converter sounds like a good price, but just spend the extra 200-300 more and get what you want. I think you will definitely want a higher stall as Krambo says. I started with a 2600, then went to a pi 2800, then I got a 3k 9.5 multi and it Awsome. I still think I could still go one more step up on the stall. I would wait and get what you want.

My two penny's.

My.02 !!!

Spend the extra money, Get a PI triple disc with a stall that matches your set up !!!

Call PI and they will build it to your spec's !!!

I would think you need a stall of around 2800 thats what Zippy recommended to me if I go with a blower !!!

Hope this helped !!!

Buy two & PATC knocks 50% off one converter. Probably around $875 per for muti disc billet. Interested?

Buy two & PATC knocks 50% off one converter. Probably around $875 per for muti disc billet. Interested?

I would love to, But not ready to do it yet. Thanks for thinking of me !!!

To many things going on right now to afford much of anything right now !!! Still got to pay for Xmas. A new Gibson LP and a Mesa Boogie Mark V for my son took all my money !!! Thanks Again !!!