Is 322k miles on a 5.3 to many??

shawnss

So I was looking around on my Local craigslist and I came across a 2001 yukon xl slt that has 322k miles on it. its leather with 4wd. its a clean body vehicle. but the transmission is smoked. it would need a new transmission. I was thinking of picking it up to fix and sell or maybe use it as a Intown DD. I don't really need another DD but It seems like any easy fix. Sense I would be just buying a rebuilt 4l60e and installing it myself. they are asking $1700.00 for it the way it sits. High retail even with 322k miles on it is like $6200.00. So do you think that with the miles its a bad buy? 5.3s and a dime a dozen around here. I can get a 125k mile 5.3 for $500.00 as a long block. but they claim it runs great just needs a tranny. ill be looking at it this afternoon. so I havent drove it yet.

You could part it out and easily make a profit on that even of you didn't DD it

yeah. I think either way I could get my money back out of it if need be. Plus if I were to drive it. It would only be back and forth to work. Never any long out of town trips. From where I live to work its only 11 miles. even if something were to happen its not like I'd be stranded.

So I went ahead and picked it up this afternoon. Over all its a decent rig, most of its life it has seen highway miles. he used it for his job which he travel's a lot. The exterior is in pretty good shape for all the miles.the interior on the other hand is not so great. all the seats and plastics are good but the carpet is shot. I'll be sourcing some new carpet out and a tranny. but it has brand new tires on it. I ended up getting it for $1500.00

Ill post a pictures of the carpet. its sick. he is a KFC rep for many stores so its all the grease from the floor's in there store's. Its pretty much black. but a local salvage yard has a clean carpet or ill just order it in if i cant find some.

KFC eh? I know what thats like, my feet were always nasty and covered in greese

BTW my cousin (by Mariage) owns 2 of the KFC's in Billings and his brother owns the other one. I wonder if i know the person you bought it from

Lol small world

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2