Is 322k miles on a 5.3 to many??

shawnss

i worked at akfc in highschool shit was nasty< i had a pear of work shoes and they never went in any of my cars, if i gave someone a ride i made em put bags on their feet no joke

oh I bet for sure. I have never seen a carpet like this. I would have had some sort of sticky plastic cover over all the carpet if it was my vehicle. Or I would have had a different pair of shoes for my vehicle after work. After seeing this it is straight up nasty. I have already looked at new carpet. If i cant get it from my local slavage yard im buying new.

KFC eh? I know what thats like, my feet were always nasty and covered in greese

BTW my cousin (by Mariage) owns 2 of the KFC's in Billings and his brother owns the other one. I wonder if i know the person you bought it from

DON'T SMOKE IN IT!

Well heres my $1500.00 dollar beater I picked up today. Don't laugh to hard. its a pretty clean rig other than the interior. For a vehicle that has 322k miles on it the body is very straight IMO for its life. it has a few door dings in the drivers door. about a 50 cent size paint chip on the passenger drivers door. then the rear bumper has a dent in it not real bad but its there. then just a few rock chips here and there. other than that its pretty clean. Now the interior is a different story. the drivers side is by far the worst sense thats where he mostly was. I worked it over a bit and its starting to come out. but I think its just going to be best to get new carpet and matts.

IMG_7919.jpg

here you can see the paint chip in the drivers rear door about a 50cent piece size. Ill most likely just get the door painted.

IMG_7920.jpg

IMG_7924.jpg

IMG_7926.jpg

IMG_7927.jpg

IMG_7928.jpg

has brand new tires he said less than 500 miles on them. :jester:

IMG_7929.jpg

now for the nasty part the interior

IMG_7931.jpg

heres after i put some elbow grease into washing it. it ttok me like 30 mins just to get it that way.

IMG_7939.jpg

heres a little spot i tried it came off pretty easy.

IMG_7938.jpg

heres the only rip in the interior possibly getting a different seat for the salvage yard. still need to clean it up also

IMG_7940.jpg

then the crazy part. high miles but it runs super smooth put 50 miles on her tonight and you would never know it has that many. it idles super smooth and has get power. good oil pressure. 30lbs of oil pressure at idle is this close to normal?

IMG_7942.jpg

IMG_7943.jpg

The oil pressure is normal, My buddies Denali has the same oil pressure. Looks like a good deal. It might need a refresh later on, but for highway miles its less abuse on the motor.

Yeah thats what I was thinking. standard engine rebuilds are cake. so if it comes down to it ill just rebuild the 5.3 or maybe even throw my spare 6.0 in it.

So I stopped by my local salvage yard.they have 3 on these XML that have nice interior. I'll be getting new carpet and floor mats for $50.00. They also have seats for up front $100.0 each. Should be any easy clean inside.