front door speaker install question

I know that running speaker wire while I have it open is a good idea, but my current deck is shit/annoying me, so in the future when I upgrade that, I might look into doing such, but for now I mostly just wanted to mildly upgrade to these as my drivers side speaker has started to intermittently stop working. I can imagine marking/cutting out for each clip and whatnot would be the worst part. It's so very tempting to actually do the matting now, just need to wait for warmer weather now since I lost my window and it's heading back to between -15 and -20 celsius for a few weeks.

Didn't have any problems with the door panel fitting back snugly and everything with the added sound deadening ontop of the door skin?

It was a snug fit and I had to make sure there was no deadening in where the clips went. Other than that it fit right on.

I would not do sound deadening if its that cold. You will be out there with a heat gun forever. It doesn't want to stick when its cold and it will end up peeling.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...