my s10 is having problems need some ss member love

idahoBLKss

i got a 94 gmc sonoma multiport injecton v6 s10 that is acting up right now and need help from some of you tech guys on to what the problem might be. what it is doing is if i stab the gas it will almost die or die all together but if i roll into the throttle very slowly i can hit full rpms no problem it also has a hard time starting also cold or hot.

with the intake tube off of the manifold making the throttle body exposed if i spray brake cleaner into the throttle body and open the throttle body manually by hand it wont die as long as im spraying brake cleaner into the hole .this is making me wonder if its getting enough fuel at half to full throttle . i hooked a fuel pressure gauge up to the fuel line on the shrader valve behind the manifold and it holds steady at 58 psi so i know the pump is good.

things i have replaced already... with brand new items...

-fuel filter

-spider injection (not a cheap item to replace)

-tps

-egr valve

at this point im tired of throwing money at this thing , i could of done a 5.3 swap by now lol

i need some ideas of what else it could be!!

I had a chevy etreme the had the same 4.3 and was doing something simliar to this. It was super hard to start and sometimes while I was just crusing along it would start to bog really bad and would have no power. I after fighting it for a few weeks I ended up cleaning the TB really good it had a ton of build up on it and added some sea foam to the tank. then I also changed the cap, rotor, wires and pluigs and it ran great after word's not sure if that what your problem is but thats what helped mine.

I had a 2000 GMC Jimmy Highrider 4x4 4.3l, mine was running perfect. Then one day it started to bog and not run to good at all, I took it to a friend/ mechanic he checked everything nothing was wrong but was stilling bogging. So whats wrong with it !!! IDK !!! The only thing I have not checked is the CAT so we dropped the exhaust, took it for a test drive and it ran like a champ. Not saying your CAT is bad but mine was !!! The exhaust sound did not change with the bad Cat, but a new one fixed it. And that was the only part we changed !!!

i worked on a buddys 4.3 4wd sonoma. i replace everything you guys metioned, including the spider injection and i got a bad one at first and had to get another one. double check that thing. i hate those things but now i can change one in like 35 minutes. had that manifold off 3 times in 2 days

This is called Karma Jon. Threaten to sell the SS and look what happens!

I would check the cats also.

And BTW Goals are supposed to be broken...... 11.1????? What happened to the 10's for a goal? Can't sell it till you get your goal! :nutkick:

lots of good ideas guys thanks for the info , i hope its not a bad spider cause those things are spendy.

sinner- the truck isnt sold yet buddy , if its still around come spring it will get a 10 sec slip .so quit kicking me in the balls !! lol

I had the same problem with my 95 sierra 5.7. Scanned it and it came out as bad tpi sensor,replaced that but still had the same issue so then I check fuel pressure,fuel pump seemed to be working fine but still replaced pump and solved the problem.