awd t-case to puss button 4wd! possible?

IMO- not worth the time and effort. your still spinning a front diff, drive shaft, output gear in the TC. the most you may see is 1/2-3/4 mpg maybe..if you want mpg of a 2x4 than buy one. remember these trucks run about 5500 lbs, 2x4 mpg... :crackup:

good luck..

• 10 months later...

Let's bring this necro thread back to life and on track. Can you convert an SS's AWD system to a push button system? You'd need the Tcase, Tcase control module, push buttons and maybe some work with a Tech II, but seriously, is it possible? I haven't removed any of my bezels yet, but are the plugs even behind the dash for the push buttons? I know I have fog light connectors behind my bumper! Being as these are just a production Silverado, i'm almost wanting to say the wiring and such might be in place, which would just leave the components and maybe some programming.

An AWD front diff will work in a 4WD truck and vice versa, the only difference between the two is that the 4WD front diff inner axle shaft housing has a front axle actuator on it, whereas the AWD housing does not. A simple inner axle shaft housing swap is all it takes for a diff to be compatible in either.

• 1 month later...