odd turn signal and marker light issue

Badkarma

So the other day while making a left turn my left signal starts to flash at irregular intervals for a few seconds and then starts to flash quickly. I did a little trouble shooting, checked the only fuse I could figure just inside the drivers side door, it was good. Then I noticed the front marker lights were not working. So I replaced them figuring it may have caused the issue since they seemed to be burnt out. The signals will work properly for a few seconds then continue with the same issue as before. One thing I also noticed was that the marker lights are not alternating with the turn signals like they should, they are flashing at the same time. Now I'm stumped. The only mods I have to my lighting in that regard is Hella LED tails and they seem to be working fine, though they do speed up with the signals when they act up. Far as I can tell it is only the left side. I dont get the same issue on the right side. Anyone have any thoughts?

How long ago did you install the LED tail light? Might want to try reinstalling the original tail bulb and see if the problem clears up first. I have heard of these LED modules causing some really whacky problems with peoples vehicles....

How long ago did you install the LED tail light? Might want to try reinstalling the original tail bulb and see if the problem clears up first. I have heard of these LED modules causing some really whacky problems with peoples vehicles....

exactly had this happen on multipal customer vehicals with aftermarket LED theirs somthing with their output that messes with the BCM or FCM

When you install led lights you need to also install a resistor I can't remember exactly what ohms. But I had this problem as well all my exterior lights are leds except for my high and low beams and I would experience hyper flashing until I added the resistor to the front turn signal

Negative in this case. The Hella units have a built in module for load equalization. That is not to say the module may not be having issues. Its an easy enough swap to find out

http://www.hella.com/produktion/HellaUSA/WebSite/Channels/Drivers/Products/Performance_Lighting/Chevrolet_Silverado/Chevrolet_Silverado.jsp