Can it be the converter?

Well i posted about 2 months ago about my sss losing all gears out of nowhere. Turned it on and just wouldnt go into any gear. Well mechanic took tranny apart and didnt find anything wrong with it! Could a bad converter cause to not be able to go into gear? I have a 4L80 by the way. AWD

• 2 weeks later...

Well i posted about 2 months ago about my sss losing all gears out of nowhere. Turned it on and just wouldnt go into any gear. Well mechanic took tranny apart and didnt find anything wrong with it! Could a bad converter cause to not be able to go into gear? I have a 4L80 by the way. AWD

That sounds like it could be a lot of things. Few basic things are you sure it has e bought fluid? Linkage hooked up at the Trans? Could be a bad input shaft, bad converter, linkage not hooked up internally in the balance body. I'd check all the basic stuff first.

You can feel it kind of engage but dont move... Well we pulled the tranny out and nothing was broken everything was fine, pump was fine, sent the converter back to circle d and he said it was fine. We will be putting everything back in, in a few days..... We will see what happens.. Ill look over on the things yall mentioned! Thanks guys..