N/A and Nitrous Tune

RU18YET

You can get a good nitrous controller that ties into your iat sensor, so that when you arm the system it pulls timing. This will require tuning to properly set up, or get the autocal from efilive, or just drive on a nitrous tune, n/a the truck will be a little sluggish, but manageable.

Edited by chpspecial (see edit history)

how would this work with an autocal? have 2 seperate tunes saved on to it and when he goes to spray just load that tune into the truck and when done, switch back?

How would that work if your were just to pull up next to someone?

Id run a 100 shot. wet. and you get your tuner to just set lets say 139-141*f (whatever ohms that is) IAT reading to retard the timing by 4 degrees and then at the flip of a switch you can retard timing. Most seem to use the arming switch for the nitrous, as the switch for the IAT timing retard trick. I was wondering if anyone has done this on a SSS? It seems like our IAT is at the same spot as the MAF right?

for a 100 wet shot you dont need to pull timing. anything over that then you have pull timing. i wouldnt run more than a 100 on the street but if i were to have a race set up, id rather load a different tune then the switch you are talking about.but thats just me. besides anything more than a 100 and itll most likely blow the tires off on the street.

It wont be a strictly race setup. It will be a DD street/strip truck. I will probably pull 4* of timing using the IAT trick. I also have AWD so I don't think I'll blow the tires off but that would be pretty bad@ss! haha