Hydro Boost questions.

shawnss

Ok so I had collected all my parts for the hydro boost conversion a year or two ago. Well sense the motor is out and I have some down time I figured I'd get going on this upgrade. but I have a few questions first.

I got the complete swap for a new chevy cargo van. I sourced everything from that van that I possibly could.

One of my questions is do I have to use the reservoir that came on the hyrdo boost or can I can I use the factory SS one?

I unbolted mine from my factory truck vacuum booster and it bolt's right up to the hydro booster. so I was hoping it would work then I wouldn't even have to bleed my brakes.

Next I was wondering is it uncommon for the hydro booster to just bolt right onto the fire wall with out having to drill the extra hole? be cause mine just went right in without having to drill any holes.

Ok so heres the reservoir that came with my hydro booster that I got from the van complete.

IMG_8056.jpg

heres what the back looked like once I removed it from the unit.

IMG_8057.jpg

So heres what my factory one looks like once I unbolted it from the vacuum booster pump.

IMG_8058.jpg

the factory one bolted right up to the pump without a problem like so.

IMG_8060.jpg

IMG_8061.jpgIMG_8063.jpgIMG_8062.jpg

You can use the stock reservoir but it will sit on a slight angle down. It saves the hassle of bleeding the brakes. As for the hb pump in the firewall just make sire the rod connects to the hydro boost pedal without a bind.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

What yr van did it come from and are you using your original brake pedal also?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I am curious myself because all the picks I have seen so far the lines going into the master were in different locations.Shawn did you get the p.s. pump also?

On the electrical connector, jump the two outside wires together and the service light will not go on.

Ok thank you. so thats all I need to do? doing this wont effect anything else? so sense the Check engine light wont come on will anything need to be tuned out? Or will I be good to go just by jumping those 2 wires together?

Hey Shawn,

I am collecting parts to do the hydroboost mod, too, and am reading everything that I can find on the subject.

Did you need the brake pedal from the Cargo van? (I have read of one guy who used his original master cyl and said that he didn't need to change the brake pedal. Everyone else says the the pedal needs changing.)

On the electrical connector, jump the two outside wires together and the service light will not go on.

This is good info to have because it is something that I have heard mentioned several times but never really clarified. Anyone have the colors of those two wires that need jumped?