A few Site Suggestions, Maybe they will help

diggerdan11

Question

I have noticed that this site seems to be dead recently, and it seem like there are less and less “old” members every day. I think a lot of people have become frustrated with this site recently. I have a few suggestions that might help pick this site up and maybe make people happy. Some of these have already been suggested but I figured I would add them in as well:

Maybe we can add a “hobby” Section or multiple sections, where we can discuss Sports, Guns, Fishing, Other Vehicles Etc…. Not everyone joins this site just to learn about their trucks, we also are on here to make friendships and BS with each other just like car guys do.

What about a spotted section. People post on here all the time saying “hey I saw an SS, anyone on here? Or they post up SS’s on eBay or Craigslist (good or bad), but these post are sometimes in the off topic, or photo, or other random sections, I think it would be nice to have on place for them all.

I think the How to section needs lots of work. It is full of great information, but half the pictures and links no longer work. Of course this is one of the issues with using sites like photobucket, when you move the pictures or delete them from your account, you also lose them on any post you put them in. There are also lots of people asking questions in the How to Section. I would love to see some new how to topics in this section, but that will require members on this site to create ones.

We can also create a new Popular How to thread, the one in there was last updated in 09 and half the links no longer have the pictures you need to perform the how to. This “popular mod” thread can also have links to other sites that have really go how-2s. Hopefully this might help keep people from asking the same questions over and over again. Maybe we can change the name form how 2 to Walkthrough or something like that. This might help differentiate between the place where you go to ask questions and the place where you can find answers.

I would really like to see more topics pinned. Maybe we can have a frequently asked question post in the technical forums that has links to answers to frequently asked questions, so hopefully we don’t have the same questions asked over and over again.

How about some photo contests. We have truck of the month (every 2 months), but how about a contest let say where everyone post up a picture of your SS next to a Prius, then everyone post up pictures, we vote on the best and the winner gets to pick the topic of the next months contest. I have seen this on other sites and it has been lots of fun.

Maybe we can have cleaning and detailing section where we can discuss different cleaning and detailing supplies, we are all obsessed with keeping your trucks nice and shiny, and this is where we can talk about products and techniques. The Appearance section kind of fits this, but I still think we can have a separate one.

I think it would also be fun to have a member finder, so we can see where other members are located. I know there are people from Oregon on here other than me, there has to be, but IDK who they are.

These are just a few ideas that I have, please feel free to add some more. I love this site and have been a member for over 6 years, but day buy day I have become a little more frustrated with this site, and Im on here less and less, and I know Im not the only one who feels the same way. I would love to see this site return to its former glory.

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)

• Answers 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I agree. All of these ideas sound really good to me. Maybe we can have raffles or something. Contest where people can win little things. I like dans ideas. It would liven up the site a bit.

I agree. All of these ideas sound really good to me. Maybe we can have raffles or something. Contest where people can win little things. I like dans ideas. It would liven up the site a bit.

I agree Jason.

Dan well put... I am new to this site and I'm sure I've asked several things that have been spoken about before... Def a great idea to have a section for this, more commonly asked questions and how to's and what not.

Good ideas, Dan. You will probably remember this old thread, might be a good idea to combine these thoughts with yours.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/75164-new-changes-to-the-site/page__st__15

It's getting late here but I'll check this out some more, tomorrow.

Hey Dan! You pulled all that from the site I mod. I'll pm Zane and Josh on the other one. Hopefully it will get one of them to look at this site. I know the past month or so has been hectic with them with the unveilings and the Detroit auto show.

But I haven't seen them really post on GM-Trucks.com since the auto show.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Edited by chawkins6789 (see edit history)

I have another idea for the How 2 section. Maybe we can have a Moderator approve any posts in that section before they are posted. That would make it so the info was checked and people are not posting questions and that section would just be full of how 2s

And yes of course we want the Garage back, I know they are working on it and Im sure it will be back eventually

yea this seems to be an issue lately. A lot of the sites i frequent have high traffic but low post count. IDK if its that time of the year or what but these are all very good ideas and possibly have someone be able to constantly distribute specific SilveradoSS.com decals so others who have SS's that see our trucks know where to come to be part of the family. Instead of having to follow them to their house and make it akward being a creeper to recruit them :greddy:

One of the other sites I was on, some of the venders would donate MISC. parts or accessories they specialize in to the site and their would be somewhat of a drawing once a month. What the site would do is start a thread on what is being given away and whomever was interested would post once on the thread to enter. The only catch is, the winner has to pay for any addition costs, and or shipping. Hell I won a tubular crossmember the first month I was a member on that site.