what do you think of these

BLNAWAY

im with everybody else- its not worth the money, you wont see hardly any gains with shortys. go for some longtubes and a good tune. ive also never really heard of or used that company so im not sure

as for the size- IF your planning on sticking with bolt-ons, mild cam, and staying under 500 RWHP use the 1 3/4" headers. you will loose low end torque if you run 1 7/8" on a stock/mild modified truck, ive seen it on the dyno before. the 1 3/4'' will get you just fine where you need to go unless your looking for some serious HP. the only NA LSx's we run 1 7/8" on is LS3/7 style head vehicles, they flow alot more air :thumbs:

ya i dont plan on being over 500hp...spec on the cam are 223/[email protected] duration on 112lsa, as for as rest of motor gose plan ona fast lsxrt intake or a holly hi-ramair, staying on factory heads might port and polish but thats about it

Are you awd? If so stay away from calspeeds, they do NOT fit if you're awd. Speaking from personal experience here

ill keep that in mind thanks for heads up before i bought em

• 3 months later...

So the other day I deleted my cats cause one of em was rattling....so now im running factory headers, factory sized piping back to a manga flow muffler DI 3"/SI4" dumped before axle.... I don't really wana run LT headers cause I don't wana have to mess with the y pipe or really any exhaust under the truck... I just want some headers I can bolt on and go not worry about making another new y pipe or anything this is y I'm leaning toward shortie's... What do you guys think of these

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/bbk-4006

are those actually cats included ?or just snapped to look like em?

• 4 weeks later...

I ran the obx's and they took me to 11.1 in the 1/4 mile . Its a great header for the price and fit perfect with no modifications needed. Only reason I got rid of them is because I'm going turbo. I wouldn't do the shorties I would save your money if you don't want to do long tubes and save for that intake Instead .

yeah your doing that fairly aggressive cam and the pricey intake manifold... why waste all the extra air IN just to not be able to get it out? piping diameter is NOT what creates ideal airflow... the 'venturi' effect from the "drawing" of the air from out of the cylinder is what causes the higher gains from LT headers over ANY size or type of short/stock length headers. like i said before, people who run way too large of exhaust piping through straight thru mufflers as well... they loose noticeable low end torque and gain NO top end power... the OBX are quite popular and work just fine, as long as you run long tubes. IMO if your swearing off the LTs in general, then dont waste your money or time on shorties... you wont see any gains.

Is there any difference between the two OBX header links posted here?

http://www.racingpartdepot.com/servlet/the-3644/OBX-Exhaust-Headers-99-dsh-05/Detail

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OBX-Exhaust-Header-00-05-GM-Hummer-H2-GMC-Denali-6-0L-Off-Road-Headers-/161046359356?vxp=mtr

Looks like it's the same seller, just that the second one is on ebay priced $10 higher and another $15 extra from shipping compared to their website.

Has anyone ordered from Racing Parts Depot? I've seen a few bad reviews on them.

yeah your doing that fairly aggressive cam and the pricey intake manifold... why waste all the extra air IN just to not be able to get it out? piping diameter is NOT what creates ideal airflow... the 'venturi' effect from the "drawing" of the air from out of the cylinder is what causes the higher gains from LT headers over ANY size or type of short/stock length headers. like i said before, people who run way too large of exhaust piping through straight thru mufflers as well... they loose noticeable low end torque and gain NO top end power... the OBX are quite popular and work just fine, as long as you run long tubes. IMO if your swearing off the LTs in general, then dont waste your money or time on shorties... you wont see any gains.

I will second this, I have 1 7/8 ARH on my bolt on only truck, with the cutouts open I notice a drop in low end tq. I still have the factory muffler though, so when the cutouts are CLOSED it runs out quite well and has plenty of low end power.

If you get shorty headers dont get back on here complaining about either losing seat of the pants power or not gaining anything. It has taken two pages of a lot of good suggestions from ones with experience.

Gotta pay to play

If you get shorty headers dont get back on here complaining about either losing seat of the pants power or not gaining anything. It has taken two pages of a lot of good suggestions from ones with experience.

Gotta pay to play

o ik thats what this site is for and i got the correct awnser(not exactly what i wanted to hear but hey shit dont always work out) shorties= waste...so im just guna bite the bullett and get to play with the exhaust for a 3rd time... nota big deal just wanted a possible easyier way but that isnt guna happen in my case so after i buy a converter on to the LT headers most likly the pacesetters or the obx that are posted above thanks guys

look into Dougs Headers as welll. 1 3/4" here which would work well with you build. It is what I run and love the quality. Ceramic coated, and they tuck up tight to the trans. Im not 100% sure they fit AWD models yet but I will dig up that picture for reference on my truck They were around $4-450 brand new and came with collectors already welded on. Good qulaity peice. Have had them on a few months now and still look they way they did when I pulled them out of the box, and I drive my truck no garage queen here...