PCV Catch Can clarification

Hey Kelly, any way you could post pics of your PCV set up? It would help out a lot.

I also ordered the newer style RX catch can about a week ago. At some point this week I plan on doing it with KP, we'll post up some pics for a F/I application. :)

Sent from my 4G Razor

Edited by 907BlownSS (see edit history)

if anyone has any questions about PCV setups or anything like this, please feel free to give me a shout- PM, text, whatever. your PCV system is VERY important to your engines longevity, HP, and in preventing gasket leaks (boosted engines mostly). i would like to make a thread on PCV setups for every type of engine setup, if we can get it sticky'd that would be helpful as i have posted in over 4 PCV questions threads just this week.

Make the thread!!! It'll be a huge help.

ok so I have the drivers side hooked to a catch can and the passenger side blocked off with my breather/oil fill cap i made. I know i need to put a one way check valve in it but i was curious which check valve to get and which way to place it?

yeah we will take plenty of pics when we install Taylor's CC setup (907blownSS), should be here this week. i may have some pics underhood of my trucks but not great as ar as a PCV diagram goes... let me go through the shop pics see if i cant whip up some educational photoshop pics :D

ok so I have the drivers side hooked to a catch can and the passenger side blocked off with my breather/oil fill cap i made. I know i need to put a one way check valve in it but i was curious which check valve to get and which way to place it?

that sounds right/good so far! :cheers: as for check valve on fresh air side- it should let air IN and not out. the valves that RX uses are plastic PCV valves that are siliconed into the hole made in oil cap from underneath, with the 90 deg elbow from valve broken off so it fits inside cap. ill take a pic of it when i do Taylor's truck

ok so i found a few examples... ill put up the RX pics for now, they are pretty helpful. heres a few of where we mount the CC typically, and a custom PCV setup off an LS6 i built last year

heres where the CC is mounted on the JGP truck, as well as 90% of the trucks we have done. i know its not a good pic, but if you look to the right of the alternator, right above the P/S resivour you will see it. hoses run as described- from driver valve cover to CC, from CC to J-tube/manifold-

KPCarandCustomerPics314_zps771a5fe6.jpg

heres the LS6- no CC on it in these pics, but its basically the same as trucks. this engine has custom valve covers on it that did not come with oil cap or any fittings/breathers- this is why it seems reversed. i did it with fresh air/breather on driver side and suction on passanger side, opposite of how GM has the LS PCV setup- this was JUST for space reasons, its no gain or benefit- as long as one side pushes and other pulls (fresh in/bad out) the system works the same.

LS6- fresh air/breather in driver/left valve cover, evacuation/vacuum from passanger/right valve cover AND valley cover to PCV port on manifold (valley and VC are tee'd into each other before manifold- no reason to cap one off if you have both :)

DSC00001.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

and heres a "big boy" PCV setup :jester: this car makes 980 RWHP on pump gas @ 89 degree heat. it needed a larger setup- the two CC's are right behind the fuse box on pass. side, they are black. this setup wouldnt be ideal for 99% of people on here but hey its a nice setup :D this is actually using 3 cans, 3/4" braided hose, and a GM A.I.R. pump on a Hobbs switch to suck all that blow-by from 1k HP out :lol:

IMG_0447.jpg

and here is all i could find from RX...

this is a good shot of the back of the oil cap breather; you can see how the check valve is installed.

RX-BOFC-500x500_zps2ef73c96.jpg

catchcan-500x500_zps3fd3e8cf.jpg

RXLSXSingleCatchCan_F-500x500_zpsaa8f9c9a.jpg

^^these are single valve CC's for N/A and roots blower motors. for the centrifical blowers and turbos, youd want the dual valve catch cans

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so my catch can showed up today I went with the elite engineering catch can it looked like the best one I could find so I'm thinking I got it right it's going in the middle of the manifold and pcv valve if I got this right and leave the passenger side stock n/a

Edited by Aldofashow (see edit history)