Replacing Rotors and Pads, Anything special I need to know.

lgowen343

I just ordered my front rotors and pads from R1Concepts today. I'm going to replace them this weekend. I have seen in the past some people had problems with their brakes after doing this (ie ABS lights etc) I have done this many times before on other cars but never on the SS. Does anyone have any special tips I should know about the SS. Also a FYI for everyone. When I ordered the pads and rotors from R1Concepts I mentioned the SS forum and got a hell of a discount. Thanks for any help.

You will need a T55 star socket bit to remove the caliper slide bolts. Make sure the T 55 works first. I have one that is too loose and the other one fits perfect. I highly suggest replacing them with a normal syle head. They are easy to wreck and then you have to drill them out. Otherwise noting special. Just make sure to check your bleeder screws and that they will loosen and tighten. Mine were rusted in and I had to replace them.....

Use the new hardware that comes with the pads. Members here in the past have cleaned, greased, and reused the old slides only to have them hang up and kill their new pads.....

Also, have a large C clamp or pliers handy to squeeze the pistons back into the calipers. Of course use an old brake pad in combination with this or you could risk bending a piston...

Use the new hardware that comes with the pads. Members here in the past have cleaned, greased, and reused the old slides only to have them hang up and kill their new pads.....

Also, have a large C clamp or pliers handy to squeeze the pistons back into the calipers. Of course use an old brake pad in combination with this or you could risk bending a piston...

This and like stated above make sure your t55 is tight fitting and you might even need a breaker bar. Take your time..

I use 2 c clamps on mine and I am in and out in 30 minutes. When you press the pistons in make sure to open the reservoir so the fluid can go back up in it. Don't know if its necessary, just something I've always done.

Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk 2

I just ordered my front rotors and pads from R1Concepts today. I'm going to replace them this weekend. I have seen in the past some people had problems with their brakes after doing this (ie ABS lights etc) I have done this many times before on other cars but never on the SS. Does anyone have any special tips I should know about the SS. Also a FYI for everyone. When I ordered the pads and rotors from R1Concepts I mentioned the SS forum and got a hell of a discount. Thanks for any help.

did you give them a call or ordered online? im getting mine soon too