trying to do research on furture parts. upgradding diff's to hold

so im a big diesel guy, this ss is going to be a race truck in a couple year. i keep throwing the idea of why not just throw a duramax rear and front diff into the ss. they throw 700+hp and all there doing is adding a bigger cover to hold more oil inside, that or lockers but not really changing the diffs to hold power, i think the dmax guys change the cv's so they dont have to worry though

so the question is 2500 axles? i know with enough time and a welder anything can be added but i was thinking if the carrier assembly is the same and the frames were the same width (cuz im trying to put f500 into a f350 now but the 550 is a 3in smaller frame width wise) so how close is the 1500 and 2500? has anyone put 8lugs on a SSS? if i can i think it would be easy and then get the upgraded 930 bullet proof cv's have the shortened (they come in custome lengths) for a lowered truck and this will cover the front and i will throw the rear in to just to keep the lugs the same and the diesel ones hold up without any real mods besides traction bars (i want a 4link anyways) any thoughts on this?

again if its possible i think the mod could be done cheaper then having to build up SS diffs to hold power. just located a front ifs 2500 (06 with 38k) for 350 (so i make up brackets or try and use or mod the ss ones to hold that diff) and i found a rear axle for 250$ fron disk to disk out a 03

if anyones got any ideas. i might just jump on it, so i can attempted to do the mod

IIRC the 2500 8.5" front ifs will not fit in place of the 1500 7.5" you would have to raise the body 2 inches and I don't think the mounts are the same.

Its cheaper and easier to find a 1500hd or a 2500ld frame and do a body swap. It already has the parts you want.

are you planing on awd or rwd ? if awd i wouldnt worry about the rear, my trucks rear end is stock and has held up fine. i f your wanting a rwd i would just put a trutrac back there and call it a day specially for only 700hp.

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

are you planing on awd or rwd ? if awd i wouldnt worry about the rear, my trucks rear end is stock and has held up fine. i f your wanting a rwd i would just put a trutrac back there and call it a day specially for only 700hp.

Only 700hp lmao...you make it sound like 700hp ain't s**t lol

700 out of diesel isnt hard. dmax run 700 on stock injectors, turbo and fuel mods. all they do is basic bolts on hit that 550 and throw drugs at there motors. i mena iv got just shy of 500 on my powerstroke and i want to throw drugs at it but havent yet.

no im trying to hit the 1000ft-lbs tq with this ss. so looks like ill find a 1500hd (what years did these come in and im guessing the one im looking for was a 4x4 with a 5.3?)

700hp aint $hit these days ... lol

heck i dont think 1000hp aint all that anymore. so many junk yard 5.3 even 4.8s running twin 76 cheap as can be and hitting aroudn 1000hp. granted im following onalong with a mild cheap build twin 76 turbos with a built drive chain to hold up so i can push better turbos and better internals in the motor down the line but to start really cheap. granted cheap means very very unreliable but if i can get say 10-10k mile out of the cheap mod i woudl be happy. with a build drive chain i woudl worry much

now i saw a 1500hd i belive a 01. it all of what i wanted out of my SS

4 door, 4l80 8lug and a 6.0! and it was 6k o_0 ?? if i wasnt in germany and i knew this trust me i woudlnt have bough a ss, i woudl have bought a 1500HD swapped to a awd tcase and bamn done, lower drop a shift kit and a lowered suspension. then throw turbos

but know im trying to decide get a HD 4door and then have an extra bed and engine to play with (sell off the frame and body) but swap bumpers and interior so i can have a ss 4door. or spend that money on a ford 9" front and rear independednt suspension system... hummm choices choices 9" with a 4l80 would make a good drive chain for a turbo 6.0