transmission missing 1st and 4ththe gear. electrical problem?

Im having a problem with my tranny and i cant find a similar one anywhere on the forum. A few years ago i lost first and fourth gear and brought the truck to a tranny shop. They installed a jumper wire from the plug on top of the tranny to one of the wires on the passenger side rear o2 sensor. Well i just installed all new exhaust and its doing it again. I havent got a tune yet but it should still have 1st gear? I checked their wire and it wasnt pulled loose. Ive dropped the whole tranny before and didnt have this problem. Why did running that jumper wire to the 02 sensor work? Please help!

Well i brainstormed and came up with the same idea. The only hot i know of on the 02 sensor is the heater. So i ran a key hot down from the fuse box and walla all gears back! So i guess now the 02 heater wont work. I put dynatech headers and dynatech cats with tubes and true duels on and it definitly is more responsive and quicker. Will a tune add even more?