Did I deserve this?

Import Hater

OK, the Ford tech who joyrided the Cobra I'll agree does deserve to be fired. He publiclly admitted to breaking the law and doing something that really has nothing to do with repairing the car. I on the other hand did this:

http://www.acuramdx.org/forums/showthread....=&threadid=7618

...which prompted this:

http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/006528.html

...which prompted in my termination. It's alot to read, and there's alot of flames. Did I really reveal private information (well...before I got fired at least)?

Rob

• Admin

Personally, i do not see why in the heck you were fired. <_>

Its really too bad that those NSX owners have their heads so far up their butts that they cannot relize that they are paying way to much for a car...

If I knew one of these clowns was going to have me fired, I SHOULD have rode their cars hard. That would have at least been a real solid reason to fire me instead of this petty thing. And I will go work for GM now. Gotta get that GMS discount. Only thing is what should I get next year. Obviously, since I'm on this site, the SS is in consideration.

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

"I wanted to be terminated so it would jump start me to go work for my real calling at a GM dealer."

Man I swear, that deserves some kind of "Dedication Award." :lol:

Look at it as an exit from a hell that was most likely causing you stress and boredom... Those skinny little pencil pushers will never understand anyway what it feels like to drive a 12 sec Z06... The NSX is undoubtedly a gorgeuos car, and like they said, pretty prestige as a status symbol... But who realy gives a Fu*k??? :angry: Given that amount of money you can bet your ass that Id be out NSX hunting in my MTI 422 Stroked Z06... :D

Well, if you violated a confidentiality policy, then who is there to blame, but yourself. You could have made your points without revealing details about the customers. Even from a common sense point of view, running around, revealing customers names and their service needs is tacky and embarrassing to your employer. How would you like your doctor to be posting similar things about you? Especially if you were a public figure. :blink:

Well, until I was canned, I never actually revealed anything confidential like the customers' names, license plates, VIN numbers, or the dealer's name. I did keep things anoynomous enough that bouncing me for violation of confidentiality is shaky at best, but they had to put a reason. It was those NSX idiots who decided to play Columbo and figure out that it was ugly ass Wozniak's car I was talking about and where I worked. When they called me in the office to ask if it was really me who was posting online, I could have denied it, and I'd probably still be working there. But since it was totally obvious that it was me, I knew that I'd be on the thinnest possible ice with no raise in sight, so I just admitted to it and I pretty much "allowed" myself to be fired. And even though I'm in my fourth week of unemployment, I don't miss that job. I stopped missing it as soon as the ink dried when I signed my termination notice.

Rob

It's a shame you got fired. I've also gotten into trouble from opening my big yap on messageboards in the past. But so far I've never lost my job over it. On that part I can empathize with you. However, if your employer did have a confidentiality agreement which you signed upon employment, I can also see why you were terminated. But heck its not like you called the NSX owners "rice boy" or anything like that. What totally amazes me is that someone who can afford an NSX can find (or spend) the amount of time some of those guys do on nsxprime. And I thought I had a cushy job! :lol: Still perhaps one person who said it was right, maybe someone at LG Acura trolls NSXprime, saw the post and figured out who you were and called you in on it.

I hope you land a job working on cars you like.

Archived