Digital climate control off by 20 degrees

Blue04SSS

Like the title states my climate controls is 20 degrees off. If I set it to 88 it makes the truck 68 degrees. So would this be a problem with the thermometer thing in the headliner or the actual digital climate control module. Also is it normal from it being turned on the a/c automatically turns on?

Thanks

Mine started doing something similar. 60 deg is cold (A/C) 61-89 is warm and 90 is hot (full heat). I noticed it the other day when it was cold. With the climate control set to 89 deg I had luke warm air blowing through the vents. 90 deg gave me full hot heat. Weird... following this thread to see where it goes...

is the fan in the headliner indeed working?? It has a sensor on the fan that senses the temperature in the cabin. Its either the fan isnt working, or the sensor on the fan went to crap. You can try and re lubricate the fan spindle and see if the fan is maybe stuck or having a hard time spinning.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/75228-climate-control-fan-noise-fix-tons-of-pics/