Fixed my P0300 misfire today

D1SCSS

I have had a cyl 7 misfire off and on for the last week. This morning i went to start my truck and found that the misfire way really bad! I have done several tests with now real fixes. After work today I removed my fuel injectors and found that the #7 inj inlet was FULL of dirt! I have seen tsb's for this issue before but have never actually seen the problem in person. I cleaned the dirt out with brake cleaner and reinstalled the injectors and the truck runs great again! I just thought I would share this in case someone else has a P0300 with a #7 misfire.

I have had a cyl 7 misfire off and on for the last week. This morning i went to start my truck and found that the misfire way really bad! I have done several tests with now real fixes. After work today I removed my fuel injectors and found that the #7 inj inlet was FULL of dirt! I have seen tsb's for this issue before but have never actually seen the problem in person. I cleaned the dirt out with brake cleaner and reinstalled the injectors and the truck runs great again! I just thought I would share this in case someone else has a P0300 with a #7 misfire.

Congratulations on sorting out your trouble. :thumbsup: It's good to know to keep an eye out for this problem.

I also have a P0300 code on my yukon right now. I have yet to dig into it yet. I was going to the basic plugs and wires first then go from there. they need to be changed anyways. with a crank sensor throw a P0300 code? I have a spare crank sensor I might throw than in also. I'll have to look at the injectors.

I dont believe a crank sensor would throw a PO300 code. The vehicle would either not start, if the sensor was bad or unplugged, or it would run so horribly itd be backfiring and popping and itd throw crankshaft correlation codes.

I dont believe a crank sensor would throw a PO300 code. The vehicle would either not start, if the sensor was bad or unplugged, or it would run so horribly itd be backfiring and popping and itd throw crankshaft correlation codes.

Oh ok thanks. yeah it idles really bad when its cold. it idles so rough that is sounds like its cammed. but only when you first start it until it warms up. as soon as it warm it runs just normal. but still throws a code. I just replaced the plugs but I used NGK V powers im not sure if that would have done it or not. I have ran ngk tr6s in the SS in the past without any issues. so I'll have to dig into it. it all started once I replace the motor last weekend. I used everything from the old motor like coils, intake and injectors. only thing I didn't use from the old motor was the camshaft position sense and crank sensor. other than that I used all the sensors and injetors from the old motor and it was running just fine besides having a slight tapping noise. that was the reason for pulling the motor in the first place. so i don't know I really haven't had time to mess with it sense I first fired it up. but I did drive it after it was warm and it ran great.

Oh ok thanks. yeah it idles really bad when its cold. it idles so rough that is sounds like its cammed. but only when you first start it until it warms up. as soon as it warm it runs just normal. but still throws a code. I just replaced the plugs but I used NGK V powers im not sure if that would have done it or not. I have ran ngk tr6s in the SS in the past without any issues. so I'll have to dig into it. it all started once I replace the motor last weekend. I used everything from the old motor like coils, intake and injectors. only thing I didn't use from the old motor was the camshaft position sense and crank sensor. other than that I used all the sensors and injetors from the old motor and it was running just fine besides having a slight tapping noise. that was the reason for pulling the motor in the first place. so i don't know I really haven't had time to mess with it sense I first fired it up. but I did drive it after it was warm and it ran great.

So, brand new motor, but reused some parts, and its making the same ticking noise the old motor was making? And thats the reason you replaced it in the first place? So replacing the motor did nothing? Ticking.. Misfire.. Hmm.. No other codes? Maybe a 301-308 code?