Maximum weight?

cnrtool

Wondering the max weight I can put in the back of the bed of my 03 SS.

I have hauled 1450lbs without too much trouble, now my client wants a delivery of about 1750lbs. I thoiught the 1450 was pushing it, but thought before I broke the bad news, I would throw it out to the forum for opinions. The cargo is a basket of steel bars that will set just in front of the tailgate. It needs to move 15 miles. Maybe somebody has tried something like this.,.

TIA.

ps, tires are goodear, same as stock size and load rating.

Yes, but I assume when you look at the payload spec's it is for weight evenly distributed in the bed.

This load is concentrated at the last 2 feet of the bed, behind the axles.

I would assume if your not lowered you could. I carried home tile for my house and I'm sure I was pushing it. The bed was almost on the tires lol. But I hauled it.

Yes, but I assume when you look at the payload spec's it is for weight evenly distributed in the bed.

This load is concentrated at the last 2 feet of the bed, behind the axles.

I would not do it, Not going to put that much weight in my baby...

Go get a trailer and haul it that way...My .02

Live in Coral Springs / Ofice in Deerfield Beach, I'm and up and down I95 through the palm beaches!

I will find out tomorrow forsure. Today, I loaded 1500 pounds in the bed, and me and another guy (450lbs combined) sat on the tailgate without bottoming the thing out. Dont know how the bumps will play out, Will be extra carefull on the sawgrass expressway.

Actually, if the elephant was under 1800 pounds, and could be placed 24 inches ahead of the tailgate, I would.

FYI, took off the tailgate and placed the load 24 inches forward of the tailgate. Chained the load down and ran the expressway at 70, no problems at all. Moving the weight forward made a HUGE difference.

Edited by cnrtool (see edit history)

FYI, took off the tailgate and placed the load 24 inches forward of the tailgate. Chained the load down and ran the expressway at 70, no problems at all. Moving the weight forward made a HUGE difference.

the issue i would have is exceeding the weight limit of your tires/brakes..with that much weight at 70 mph is just looking for DOA(s)