swapping lq9 intake to ls1 intake

there is a TBSS intake on PT.net for sale for $125.00 shipped OBO. pretty decent deal. it doesn't come with a TB but you can find those easy. I sold a TBSS intake and TB for $180.00 shipped a few month back. you can find them all over.

Ok, I have read several articles indicating the TBSS intake loses HP on these engines. I believe one article was done by hotrod and they dyno tested an LQ9 after many upgrades and the TBSS intake lost HP.

Again, just what I have read, no personal experience with it. I'll spend my money on other areas where the cost to benefit ratio is better.

Edited by onebadmax (see edit history)

If you want to do the Car style manifold, you can see what I did in my build link. Link is in my signature below. I used a FAST 92 and did a bunch of customizing to make it work. The short runners of the car manifold will improve up top horsepower but at the expense of a bit of low end TQ (generally).

If you are interested, I have all the pulleys, idler pulley relocation bracket, modified PS bracket and such in my garage. I will let it go CHEAP.

You will need more then the TBSS Intake, TB and an x-link!!!!! You have an 03 which has a return style fuel system, the 07 TBSS is returnless. There are numerous ways to convert the TBSS intake to the 03 fuel system but all of that depends on how much you want to spend and what your future plans are. If you would like a run down on some of the things you can PM me and I will guve you my phone number

If you want to do the Car style manifold, you can see what I did in my build link. Link is in my signature below. I used a FAST 92 and did a bunch of customizing to make it work. The short runners of the car manifold will improve up top horsepower but at the expense of a bit of low end TQ (generally).

If you are interested, I have all the pulleys, idler pulley relocation bracket, modified PS bracket and such in my garage. I will let it go CHEAP.

I'll take it Kevin, Let me know price.