Attempted theft

detjoe

Enough is enough. We have got to come up with something to help prevent these trucks from being targets. Maybe we can start researching some badass anti theft systems. This Ferrari California that came through the dealership had a perimeter alarm. It had a sonar barrier that would beep louder and more frequent as you approached the car. It was awesome because it kept people from touching it, looking through the window, even parking to close. That'd be awesome if they had an aftermarket system we could get a group buy in on. That'd probably help out a lot with these instances. Hard to steal a car when a loud alarm goes off before you even break in the door. It seems like every week there is a story like this. It makes me wonder how much longer until my truck is the victim of a theft attempt. I'm the kind of guy that parks way out in the boonies away from everyone else. I'm scared of it getting scratched or vandalized from jealous assholes, let alone bring stolen.

Unfortunately it doesnt matter what alarm you have, thieves will find a way to over ride it. Doesnt matter how new the technology is. Now a days nobody looks around for car alrams since they always go off. If a alarm would go off, they already have the door open people think its there vehicle, especially when the alarm is turned off no suspicion is arose, and 90% of the people arent going to get involved anyway.

I don't understand how they are getting around the PAS KEY II system, it should have the fuel dissabled if they attempt to take without a matching key....... Unless they are bringing their own PASS KEY module and matching key??? It would still have to have a password match to the ECM too which would take at least a 30 min quick learn......

Man Joe you got lucky. I am now going to figure out what is going on with my alarm draining my battery. It is a 2way pager system with a proximity sensor, dual zone shock sensor, tilt, and glass break sensor system. I am thinking about the jimmy jammer and a few other devices like a magnetic disconnect that requires a magnet placed over the area that you choose in the cab to start the vehicle. I will try to find the info I have on it asap.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

I don't understand how they are getting around the PAS KEY II system, it should have the fuel dissabled if they attempt to take without a matching key....... Unless they are bringing their own PASS KEY module and matching key??? It would still have to have a password match to the ECM too which would take at least a 30 min quick learn......

It was kind of unnerving to me how simple it was to start these trucks without a key. I installed my own remote start on mine. When I had the truck taken apart to hook it up, I was messing around and found out that I could turn the ignition manually from the back side to the accessory setting without the key. I figured If I could do that, it would probably start the truck too....it did. As long as they had some basic hand tools to take off the panels of the lower dash and the steering column, they could start the truck without even having the key. On the other hand though, my truck wasn't locked with the alarm activated when I did that either, so maybe it would disable it..... I dunno

Edited by levilz (see edit history)

thats a interesting jimmyjammer GMjake. thats how they got into my 95. that would of prevented it. and i been driving it by turning the ignition model with a screw driver till the new column gets here. and i LOVE the idea of a bait truck situation

I guess i forgot the passlock sensor is in the lock cylinder in our years not the key so as long as they attempt to start it with the lock cylinder still in the housing it will start....

any gm key in ign. hammer it in to brake the tumblers, a twist and it should have started. Lucky for me it did not. But now the locksmith is worried about the truck not shutting off?? when I turn the key to off.

anyone have any repair details/tips for the column?? When the tow truck driver got there, the truck was stuck in park and I did not want to drag it on the flatbed, so he pounded out the rest of the cylinder :(

going on day three w/o my SSS

thats a interesting jimmyjammer GMjake. thats how they got into my 95. that would of prevented it. and i been driving it by turning the ignition model with a screw driver till the new column gets here. and i LOVE the idea of a bait truck situation

They're kinda hard to install but worth it.