Attempted theft

detjoe

the ignition houseing is toast :(

Gotta find a new column :(

I dont think it matters but what is our interior color??

That housing comes off, our dealer stocks it. Dark pewter is the color.

I hate reading these theft threads. I really wish I had a garage to park mine in.. that's a couple of years away for me, though. I just try to minimize the time that I have the truck out of eyesight.

Glad to hear the thieves didn't get your truck! Fkn retards with no respect for other people's property.

new column was $85...got me all the parts I need and now I have an extra wheel.

Could I convert the gear shift to work a NNNBS gear selector with the +/- ?? I am not using it but wondered.

I think when its all done I am going to have the orginal key

How much for their tools? :lol:

Jimmi jammers are sold on another GM truck forum that i'm banned from. Anyone install these?

http://www.jimmijammer.com/index.html

Installed mine yesterday, after reading Joe's post. Figured it was time. Install isn't bad, spent as much time disconnecting the 4 or 5 connectors to the master switch since you're basically doing it blind as the harnesses are fairly short. Passenger side was much easier.

Installed mine yesterday, after reading Joe's post. Figured it was time. Install isn't bad, spent as much time disconnecting the 4 or 5 connectors to the master switch since you're basically doing it blind as the harnesses are fairly short. Passenger side was much easier.

Cool, installation was easy on mine too.

It sucks that people are targeting our tucks. I don't think it has become an issue in my little town but damn I hope it never does it I will have to figure out a way to hide the SS at night. Like stated above and in a other thread how many parts we see on Craigslist are stolen.

got the truck back;

$125- tow

$85-parts

$150- for the key guy

$50-extra for the key guy taking care of my baby

I upgraded the lock cylinder to the new style with the ears, so you are not pushing on the key...all else looks good, now I need to address my doors. I was thinking club, but I HATE the way they look!

Well one way to help make a criminal think twice is get a grant with the removable wheel option. That's in my trucks future. Only a small inconvenience but I know if I looked in a truck and thought about jackin it and there was no wheel I would think twice. But that's just me. Plus the grant wheels look kind of nice.