replacing factory bose speakers?

ok not my SS but my Duramax, same Bose System though:

my drivers door speaker seems to have quit working. For now, I'd like to just buy a set of aftermarket speakers I can toss in the doors and be done with it. I looked into new bose speakers, and seems like i can get a pair of new aftermarket ones for the price of one new bose

I dont know much about audio. I know the speakers are 6 1/2", and from what i read online i think i need "component speakers", not coaxial correct?

What speakers do I need?

i found these on amazon, and someone specifically mentions replacing bose speakers in a sierra:

http://www.amazon.com/JBL-GTO628-6-5-Inch-2-Way-Loudspeaker/dp/B003KN2TEY/ref=sr_1_25?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1363004708&sr=1-25&keywords=6+1%2F2+component+speakers

any thoughts on those?

Technically you just need a midrange speaker. No coaxial or components. The tweeter is prob still good that is in the a pillar. Easy and cheap way, just toss a set of coaxials in there. Or you can just buy a 6 1/2 midrange from like woofersect.com or something. If I wasn't driving I'd search you out a decent set.

Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk 2

ok but i thought if you put a set of coaxial speakers in the doors, they wouldnt sound right with the tweeters in the pillars?

like i said im a novice to speakers, and im not going for all out performance here, just something that sounds at least as good as bose (hopefully a little better)

just get a set of componets and switch them out use the tweeter thats supplied because the will be matched for better sound. as long as you have power and ground they will work. I am a fan of JL Speakers but each to there own. and cost is another factor dont cheep out if you want good sound.

Edited by ssfast (see edit history)

Bose is overrated. As is JL, but with a lot more quality product to back them up. My only issue with just tossing a new component set in, the component set is going to come with a xover. Do you not use it and run active off the bose amp. In theory that's what it is doing from stock.

Option 1: Looking for something under 100$ go coaxial or just replace the mid range.

Option 2: Unless you are wanting to spend atleast 150$ for just an entry level component set then go with option 1.

On top of this with only the stock Bose amp and adding anything but option 1 is going to be extremely underpowered. If you want to go option 2 make sure you get something efficient.

Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk 2

I love my pioneers. They are a 3 way speaker. They work and sound great, and dont break the bank. I dont remember what the part number was for the fronts, but the backs are the same speaker just the different size.

rears, TS-A4674R

• 2 weeks later...

You want to purchase an oversize 6.5" 2 or 3 way speaker. When connected to the factory BOSE system, the new speakers will be slightly lower volume than the factory ones were. BOSE uses 2 ohm speakers & most aftermarket ones are 4 ohm.