Has anyone ever mounted gauges on the outside of the wiper cowl?

Blown 346

I want to add 2 gauges to the outside of my wiper cowl under my cowl hood. It seems as there will be room, but I woud like to see if anyone has done it first before I get in too deep. I was planning on getting the 2 5/8 gauges. I cant think of anywhere else to put the other 2 gauges as my 3 pod pillar will be full,and I want to keep the factory cubby holes...

I have never seen it done. Only way I could ever do it is if there was a mechanical gauge that I didn't want ran inside my truck. Like maybe a mechanical oil pressure gauge or a mechanical fuel pressure gauge where you wouldn't want the chance of It leaking oil or fuel inside the truck. So what cubby hole do you want to keep? The one down on the center console or the one up top on the headlined?

Yeah I have the socal pod for the Silverado its nice and clean you.can get it with or without switches. In polished aluminum or black. It goes up top its pretty nice ..

these with the switchs and in black.

http://www.socaldiesel.com/Gauge.htm

Edited by shawnss (see edit history)

I have never seen it done. Only way I could ever do it is if there was a mechanical gauge that I didn't want ran inside my truck. Like maybe a mechanical oil pressure gauge or a mechanical fuel pressure gauge where you wouldn't want the chance of It leaking oil or fuel inside the truck. So what cubby hole do you want to keep? The one down on the center console or the one up top on the headlined?

I want to keep both the cubby holes below the heater controls and the top one near the head linear. I would be going with two liquid filled mechanical gauges if I can get them mounted outside and have enough clearance.

They would be hidden under the cowl of my hood, not sticking out like a sore thumb. Thats also why I want to try and see pics of it done.

will these clear the cowl part of the hood once you pop it open? Sense the cowl sits higher once you open the hood comes closer to the windshield and wipers. I would think it would be really close to not clearing.

will these clear the cowl part of the hood once you pop it open? Sense the cowl sits higher once you open the hood comes closer to the windshield and wipers. I would think it would be really close to not clearing.

Im not sure if they will clear. I dont have the gauges yet, since they would 2 5/8 I dont want to order them if they wont work there, especially since they will be mechanical, I dont want those inside the truck. I was hoping someone would have done this before on our trucks and or have pics.. I havent been able to find anything.