Cat change questions

chawkins6789

Autozone is out to lunch. Lol. I'm a 2nd year apprentice tech at a GM dealership.. I have pulled quite a few transmissions on GMT800 trucks, and they have all had a metal ring on the driver side and a donut gasket on the passenger side. I wish I had access to the pictures that the parts guys at work have.. in GM service information (which I have access to), it shows a ring on the d/s and a donut on the p/s. I can post pics of that up for ya if you want!

A torch will work but will take awhile to get the nut hot. if you can go to walmart etc and get yourself a MAP gas torch. Any parts store should have the gaskets. Some sort of gasket is needed for the catback. Either a Lead paper gasket or high temp RTV will also work if you cant find the gasket.

The best thing I found for rusted bolts is Tri-flow! It works great. Spray every but then let it sit about 20 min. then respray. It has only let me down once in the last 9 years as a GM service tech! PB Blaster WILL corrode and eat wires and everything else that is not metal over time! Tri-flow is safe on wiring also...... Also make sure to use a 6 point socket so the nut does not round off. Goodluck