Cat change questions

chawkins6789

Can't remember the size. As far as how tough they are it's hit or miss. Just depends really. I just recently did mine and the passenger size came out fine. The driver side the last bolt to the rear snapped right off hardly any force at all. Had to remove the whole head to drill it out and tap it. Best bet is just soak the heck out them for a few days then just go real easy and try to loosen them.

ive done a couple a lot at work and the back bolt on each side of the head are usally broke. but the head size is 10mm if i belive.pitch i think is 8x 1.25 or 10x1.25 cannot recall either

ive done a couple a lot at work and the back bolt on each side of the head are usally broke. but the head size is 10mm if i belive.pitch i think is 8x 1.25 or 10x1.25 cannot recall either

13mm or 15mm deep socket, I can't remember which....and make sure to WD40 or PB Blaster the hell out of them since they will be rusty and difficult to remove. I remember cracking a deep socket on one while working on another members SS once...be careful not to round the heads off, or you will really have a hard time.....

If your only trying to dis connect the cat pipe from the manifold, there will be no bolt to replace, only 6 nuts total, 3 nuts for each side. Im not sure what size they are or there pitch. Get one off and take it to the hardware store or lowes etc and you can find out what pitch etc you need.

If the studs aren't broken or stripped, I'd just leave them. They are not fun to remove. Just replace the nuts when you reinstall the y-pipe, as well as the gaskets on each manifold (the metal ring on the driver side and the donut on the passenger side).