Cat change questions

chawkins6789

I know the studs are M10x1.50. I plan on using an impact as plan b if I run into a stuck one

I wouldnt recommend using an impact as a plan b. Get them sprayed, heated, and zip them off fast with a good impact gun. If you sit there and turn them with a ratchet, chances of them getting stuck are more likely. Haha they're just 6 studs. Dont overcomplicate it. You got this.

Does yours have the SPARKLEZ?

Mine got 2 months of hard use when I was a truck mechanic. It worked better than our 1" impact at taking off the semi's wheels. But I hurt my back and had to quit

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Edited by chawkins6789 (see edit history)

So I got a MAP torch, gaskets, o2 sensor socket, impact swivel and metric impact sockets, and new grade 10.8 nuts. I think I'm good. I'm going to attempt it tomorrow

add antiseize compound to your list, if you don't already have some..

good luck

Also there was a donut on the right side, the new cats didn't allow for a donut, just a metal ring on each side. The truck runs better but so far I'm disappointed with the corsa sport. It doesn't get loud until 3500 rpm.

But I have to thank Mid12sSSS for the parts and being willing to ship from Alaska to California. I love how it runs now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Edited by chawkins6789 (see edit history)

You're very welcome. I figured you'd put them to better use. They were just sitting in my shop taking up space, and being in alaska, im not worried about emissions and wasnt planning on ever using them. Glad to hear the install went smoothly. If you ever plan on changing up the muffler to a magnaflow or something for a louder exhaust, i want to be the first to know. haha. my corsa sport muffler just started rattling and its driving me nuts. sounds like metal pieces vibrating on the bottom sheet of the muffler. So ill buy yours from you if you decide to change it up a bit.