Opinions

KyleODaniel

Ok guys here's the deal, I own a 2005 SIlverado 1500, short wide, and Ive had it for about two years now, and I have ran into alot of problems with it throughout this time. from my tailights not ligting up at nightc ac controller messing up, gauge cluster messing up I know that is a common problem but still and my headlights while driving down the road just randomly shutting off and coming back on repeatedly, I'm just wondering if any of you guys have experienced problems like this, or what, I really want to get another single cab 03-06 with a 5.3L and everything, I was wondering if maybe I just got the lemon out of the bunch. That concludes my rant for the day.

- Kyle

I have never had those problems other than the common gauge cluster issue. Sound like electrical gremlins.... Do you have any history on the truck?

No I don't, not much anyways, but I do know the guy before me installed aftermarket auto windows and door locks do to it all being manual when he bought it, but I have a feeling he might of just jerry rigged it all.

its not hard to fix those just do some research and dive in. iv had issues with my headlights too but from after trying everthing, iv noticed that the bulb wires are comming loose inside the plug. pretty easy fix also. never had another issue since.

I would go and follow the wires might be rubbing but it does sound like bill nye the science guy was using your truck for one of his test you could trade it in for another truck with less miles and maybe better paint