How good of quality are the 22" reps.....

cmoney23

Hey guys, this has prolly already been covered many times, but how good of quality are the ss reproduction reps? This is my thing! All these chrome factory rims that come stock on all these newer vehicles are all year round chrome rims. They go threw salt and all kinds of bad weather and never pit or flake!! And come summer they clean up like new. So why is it custom aftermarket wheels you gotta take off for the winter or there not gonna last more than 2 winters without getting nasty... Anyway are the 22" reps a factory chrome like the stock chrome ss 20's that came on our SSS trucks from the factory or are these 22" reps made with a different chrome procedure or something that dont last in bad winter weather????

Here is my 2 cents. I think it us very rare to match factory quality. A lot of factory wheels hold up so well because they have a clear coat over the finish. I honestly don't know if this is the case on the chromes, but is true on many oem wheels. From the research I have done on here, there are many that claim that the factory reps are as nice as oem and they can't tell the difference in person. I saw a set last weekend and the looked awesome. They were reps. I plan on the chromes for my SSS, prolly sticking with 20s. I don't have personal experience, but I don't think you have anything to worry about on the quality. I personally think your truck will look awesome with reps. Good luck with your choice! I plan on buying me some if I ever get my drop installed!

I have had chrome 20" reps for 13 months and close to 15,000 miles in climates ranging from California/Nevada desert to coastal and forest(towing my boat to the lake) all the way to snow and sleet in the mountains of Utah. The finish is still as good as the day they were delivered.

If I wanted another set of SS wheels I wouldn't hesitate to buy them again and I would definitely recommend to friends

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Where'd you buy from? Im just wondering if all these different suppliers are all getting there 22" reps from the same factory in china thats making them? So there all the same wheel just at different prices right?

I have heard there are more than one company, and factory reproductions brand are superior. That is what I have gathered. Norcalss sell that brand and typically has the best prices I have seen.

NORCAL works with Factory Reproductions. That's what my reps are. I didn't buy from him though. I got them before I became active on here and knew where to get everything. I got what I think was a good price though. I also got free shipping

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

I wish we could hear some more opinions on this topic, I live in the Northeast and I am really like those chrome SS wheels, but I am tired of replacing my wheels every 2 years due to pitting and just plain worn chrome. My only other option is to purchase the black ones and pc them silver, but not sure if that would look as good as the chrome ones.

I wish we could hear some more opinions on this topic, I live in the Northeast and I am really like those chrome SS wheels, but I am tired of replacing my wheels every 2 years due to pitting and just plain worn chrome. My only other option is to purchase the black ones and pc them silver, but not sure if that would look as good as the chrome ones.

Same here.

This is my thing! All these chrome factory rims that come stock on all these newer vehicles are all year round chrome rims. They go threw salt and all kinds of bad weather and never pit or flake!! And come summer they clean up like new. So why is it custom aftermarket wheels you gotta take off for the winter or there not gonna last more than 2 winters without getting nasty...

Take note that a lot of the newer factory chrome wheels, are not fully chrome like aftermarket ones. They are actually chrome clad. Which is just a shiny, chrome plastic that gets glued over top of the wheel. From what I understand, they do that for 2 reasons; 1)cheaper to produce. 2)low maintenance, like you said. So it's cheaper for the company, yet keeps the customer's vehicle looking better, longer

Side note, I have chrome clad wheels on my Sierra from a 10' Sierra all terrain, and I love how easily they come clean! And the shine is great!

ma2uzu9a.jpg

sent from your HTC Rezound

but I am tired of replacing my wheels every 2 years due to pitting and just plain worn chrome.

Just get a winter set of wheels/tires. Thats what ive always done. Ive always had aftermarket chrome wheels on all my vehicles and have always had a winter set for all my vehicles to protect these expensive as hell aftermarket chrome wheels i seem to always purchase. I wish there was a good way to protect aftermarket chrome wheels from winter weather so i could keep them on. I guess i could plasti dip the inside/outside of the chrome wheels every single winter to keep them on and free up garage space from having extra sets of wheels/tires everywhere.. LOL

That plasti dip idea might actually work. I don't like having a summer winter set because I want my truck to look good in the winter too! Also by time november comes around I don't feel like taking my wheels off in the cold.