TBSS Intake and TB swap questions

I am buying TBSS intake manifold and TB for $175. It is coming with the rail and injectors. I have been trying to figure out exactly what I need to make it work and have read many different ways.

1. I will need to go to o Riley's and get an Evap purge

2. I will need a corvette fuel filter w/ regulator to use tbss fuel rail.

3. http://m.summitracing.com/parts/cei-108115

I believe I can use a harness like this to use the ls2 TB. It's a lot cheaper than x link and people say it works. Opinions?

4. Will the ls2 injectors plug and play? Or will I need 8 adapters?

• 2 weeks later...

NO that harness will NOT work- it is only for the CARS with 78mm TBs such as the corvette C5, CTS-V, etc. the trucks MUST use the X-Link, no exceptions. also, you dont need any kind of fuel filter or regulator... the TBSS is a returnless vehicle and so is the 2004 Silverado SS. you WILL need injector harness adapters as the LS2 uses an EV6 connector and your truck uses a Multec II connector. you can find plug and play pigtails at racetronix for that. you also will need an EVAP assembly for it. just go pick up one for a 2006 TBSS. they arent expensive, just make sure its the whole assembly as you need the plastic hoses that connect the solenoid too. also you can reuse your MAP sensor, just make sure you secure it somehow when you pop it into the new manifold, as the clips are a little different. thats all you will need really... its a pretty simple swap. obviously im sure you got intake manifold gaskets already? and wouldnt hurt to change the TBSS throttle gasket either... so you need:

1. X-Link

2. EVAP Solenoid Assembly

3. Multec II to EV6 Injector Harness Adapters

4. Gaskets

That is all you will need to install it :thumbs:

NO that harness will NOT work- it is only for the CARS with 78mm TBs such as the corvette C5, CTS-V, etc. the trucks MUST use the X-Link, no exceptions. also, you dont need any kind of fuel filter or regulator... the TBSS is a returnless vehicle and so is the 2004 Silverado SS. you WILL need injector harness adapters as the LS2 uses an EV6 connector and your truck uses a Multec II connector. you can find plug and play pigtails at racetronix for that. you also will need an EVAP assembly for it. just go pick up one for a 2006 TBSS. they arent expensive, just make sure its the whole assembly as you need the plastic hoses that connect the solenoid too. also you can reuse your MAP sensor, just make sure you secure it somehow when you pop it into the new manifold, as the clips are a little different. thats all you will need really... its a pretty simple swap. obviously im sure you got intake manifold gaskets already? and wouldnt hurt to change the TBSS throttle gasket either... so you need:

1. X-Link

2. EVAP Solenoid Assembly

3. Multec II to EV6 Injector Harness Adapters

4. Gaskets

That is all you will need to install it :thumbs:

I have a LS3 TB and link already that i was guna put on it(i can get the bare intake mainfold for dirt cheap)..i knew a new evap system was in order just didnt know if the fuel rails and injectors would fit in/bolt up in a TBSS mainfold. sounds like its be easyer to find a complete intake?

• 2 months later...

Back from the dead, I just bought one, do I need to use the LS2 or LS3 TB? I heard they open different directions, so I want to purchase the right one the first time

Doesn't really matter. The LS3 TB has a better return spring though so if you want to go boost later on down the road I'd go with the LS3.

LS2=silver blade

LS3=gold blade