TBSS intake and TB questions

RU18YET

I am buying TBSS intake manifold and TB for $175. It is coming with the rail and injectors. I have been trying to figure out exactly what I need to make it work and have read many different ways.

1. I will need to go to o Riley's and get an Evap purge

2. I will need a corvette fuel filter w/ regulator to use tbss fuel rail.

3. http://m.summitracin...arts/cei-108115

I believe I can use a harness like this to use the ls2 TB. It's a lot cheaper than x link and people say it works. Opinions?

4. Will the ls2 injectors plug and play? Or will I need 8 adapters?

The TBSS injectors are a different plug than your factory truck injectors. I would just reuse your factory injectors until youre ready to upgrade to some 42# or bigger, i dont think the TBSS injectors are going to be a huge difference in actual flow numbers than the factory truck injectors. You will need the evap but not the filter and regulator unless you plan to drop the tank and remove/destroy the factory regulator on the pump assembly, it will work just fine. The dr x harness is the way to go for the wiring, I wouldnt cut any corners there as i think any other harnesses on the market wont allow the throttle blade to open to the full amount.

The TBSS injectors are a different plug than your factory truck injectors. I would just reuse your factory injectors until youre ready to upgrade to some 42# or bigger, i dont think the TBSS injectors are going to be a huge difference in actual flow numbers than the factory truck injectors. You will need the evap but not the filter and regulator unless you plan to drop the tank and remove/destroy the factory regulator on the pump assembly, it will work just fine. The dr x harness is the way to go for the wiring, I wouldnt cut any corners there as i think any other harnesses on the market wont allow the throttle blade to open to the full amount.

Thanks for all the help, I guess ill have to fork out $225 for the x link

So my factory injectors will fit in the tbss intake and fuel rail?

Also I've been reading about the whole returnless fuel system that the tbss's have. so I can just hook up the fuel line just like its setup now and but with the tbss rail?

Text me and I can help walk you through it and answer any questions you might have. I just did my swap a month or 2 ago and had alot of the same questions. send me a PM and I will give you my number. I have some pics as well

The install will be different between an 03 and 04 SSS so be mindful of that when swapping info. The 03 trucks had a return style fuel system, 04+ have returnless so yes, all you have to do is hook up the feed line, run the new evap solenoid off the side of the rail and use whichever injectors you want. If you use the TBSS ones like I said I think they are a different plug but not certain but yes the stock truck injectors will fit the rails. Not sure on length differences between the two, I think they are the same iirc. Only thing you might have to so is swap the o-rings.