NOS questions..???

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You watch WAY to much fast & the furious

Hahaha. Isnt that how it works though? Theres a hidden compartment full of NOS tanks under the passenger seat. Then a big missile lock style flip-and-push button on the dash that turns your vehicle into a rocket?

"I bet this things got nitrous. This thing got nitrous?"

"No, nitrous is for fags. it's got cubic inches"

nitrous1_zps1b0d311d.jpg

Haha but on a more serious note. Ive never been in anything with NOS and am completely oblivious to how it all works. Ill do some searching around and educate myself,

"I bet this things got nitrous. This thing got nitrous?"

"No, nitrous is for fags. it's got cubic inches"

Haha but on a more serious note. Ive never been in anything with NOS and am completely oblivious to how it all works. Ill do some searching around and educate myself,

Love that movie and that was a bad ass Lincoln

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

lol...well thanks for nothing I guess...but glad you all had fun with your movie trivia and jokes back and forth,,,thought that was what facebook was for...was looking for a site that will help me with my truck and my questions....guess I will look elsewhere....

lol...well thanks for nothing I guess...but glad you all had fun with your movie trivia and jokes back and forth,,,thought that was what facebook was for...was looking for a site that will help me with my truck and my questions....guess I will look elsewhere....

Your question was answered on the first page. We have no idea how much nitrous your motor can take, we can only tell you how to spray safely

Before you get on here bashing others for the jokes maybe you should research nitrous a little more before asking such a gray question. You might answer your own question.

This is why nitrous gets its bad name because people dont know how to use it because they dont understand it. They expect others to tell them how much their engine can take before it goes. So if someone chimes on here "I have my truck pilled at 150 and went street racing last night no issues" what are you going to think? Oh well 150 should be fine. Then you go out and blow up your engine and give nitrous a bad rep because you didnt understand how it works. Which is why I direct you to learn about nitrous and how it applies to EFI. This is also where the jokes came in because a question like that sounds like something off that stupid movie. Which that movie COMPLETLY gives nitrous a bad name.

Last of all, stop being a sally bed wetter

Edited by 2BFAST (see edit history)

So everything is stock on my truck except for the whipple SC running 5-6 psi boost...want to know how much NOS the stock engine will take...thinking of putting a 50-75 shot on it to use at the track but not sure of the damages...any help would be awesome..thanks guys

The motor can take it, but you will have to change the spark plugs you use and the timing should be retarded 50 degrees...

edit... 2 degrees for every 50 shot....

So how does one compensate for that in the tune? When you push the button and the N02 is injected, how does the PCM register to retard timing?

Normally you have the tune pre set for the degree of timing, unless you have a retard box which automatically retards the timing for you after you preset your timing increment.

If you read the previous page your questions were answered to your basic question of if your stock engine will take a 50-75 shot... So I don't understand why you would be all worked up about the information you received. If you ask a vague question your going to get a vague answer... Just make sure to do your research and find the right setup for your needs for the truck before asking questions. If you want a quick simple answer expect a quick simple response ( I see you got right away).. There is nothing wrong with people on here having a little fun back and forth as most of us know each other and this is a close knit community far greater than any other forum. Most people on here will go above and beyond to answer your questions... So don't knock it if you have only been here for a couple posts cause you will not find a better vehicle specific forum. Even PT.net will tell you to come here for anything silveradoss related... End of Rant