Truck is torquier with A/C running....

matt 2k12

Read post 7... That's how

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

yea I saw that post, was hoping someone could get a little more in depth. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Here is my guess: The cam has such a lope that it loses vacuum between pulses or whatever so the motor is constantly running on low vacuum under light load. Same reason my brake booster warning is always on. Maybe the AC adds vacuum itself or like others said, the PCM compensates on its own. And furthermore, maybe its something in my tune explicitly compensating for the AC running. It's a Wheatley tune, fwiw.

I think its within the realm of possibility that the running AC by itself gives the vacuum boost, and might not be directly PCM related. Unfortunately I am not as familiar with the details of this specific system; maybe this scenario is impossible.

I always thought it was funny that people would delete A/C or delete EGR functions because they were firm believers that it'd provide more power. The PCM commands the A/C clutch to free spool at WOT so it doesnt create any draw on the motor, so thats out the window. And EGR recirculates unburnt fuel/exhaust mixture back into the combustion chamber to lower combustion temperatures and provide better MPG and power. So thats out as well... Plus deleting EGR opens the door to a mess of problems. As far as your A/C= more power, im not too sure about that one. But I dont have a "drag cam".