Officer totals new Taurus EB patrol car

chawkins6789

Of the 3 that were purchased one down. I can understand why he was on the closed unfinished new parkway, but officers on this forum I have a question. If you are aware this is a new road still under construction and no section of it is open yet, would you have been doing 62 mph on it to "investigate" the disturbance in a brand new patrol car AWD or not?

http://www.bakersfieldnow.com/news/local/Police-chief-Officer-going-62-during-wreck-on-unfinished-parkway-202772061.html

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Our county bought 200 of them, several have been wrecked already, many others have had mechanical issues.....lots of transmission problems. I have heard that they are looking around, and are not buying anymore Taurus PPVs. The rumor is that they might be going with the new Caprice for the next order, we will see. :ninja:

I'd be willing to bet the smarter states/counties will be buying the SS, even if only for highway patrol.

Serves them right for buying a Ford, poor guy never had a chance!

My bet would be he thought he could get away with having some fun in the new rig, turned out to be a bad night to goof around :( Sounds like he didn't get hurt other than a bruised ego/pride so at least there's that.

I'd be willing to bet the smarter states/counties will be buying the SS, even if only for highway patrol.

My bet would be he thought he could get away with having some fun in the new rig, turned out to be a bad night to goof around :( Sounds like he didn't get hurt other than a bruised ego/pride so at least there's that.

Don't forget the sack tap the city is going to give him

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Edited by chawkins6789 (see edit history)

i know a few officers with all three new PPVs- new charger 5.7, caprice, and the Taurus EB and NA... so far none of them have had issues with the Taurus, but they are fairly new... like a few months old at best. and ive only seen one of them was EB and AWD. many of them have the chargers and so far never seen any issues with them. they are pretty neat for PPVs honestly... the standard little navi-like screen that conrtols the whole car is cool, as the keyless is too but thats becoming fairly standard it seems. also the 8 speed transmissions are cool. i havent gotten to drive the caprice yet, but thats the one i really wanna try. its about time they made an LS-based RWD GM police car :thumbs: seem to hear equally good things from the guys in the chargers and the caprices, not as many caprices around but still becoming quite a few. the police tahoes are pretty fun to drive, those have to be my favorite police vehicles hands down... they just look so mean too! there are TONS of them in broward county, they are becoming very common. seeing quite a few on the FHP too. why not use a full-size truck if its just as quick and handles just as good as the cars do? a lot more room to do a lot more things with and not to mention comfort. most of the chargers only have a one-sided cage in them bc the driver cant even sit in his seat without making love to the steering wheel :lol: i never thought a car with such a low, sloped roof line would work well as a police cruiser... and it doesnt lol!

The new SS sales will be restricted at first for actual, individual consumers. Fleet vehicles will become available later....

I've read this from GM somewhere.

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)