Chrysler 300 - Information Needed Please

Stitches040

Hey All ...

I am thinking about getting rid of my Infiniti FX35 and buying a new or slightly used, vehicle.

I need something with some bigger doors for getting the kid in and out of the back seat. I'm not against another SUV/Crossover, but I think I may go the route of a full fledge car this go around, since we already own a Yukon and two GM Trucks ... :thumbs: ... I also want to try to stay American.

Here is what I am looking at / thinking right now ...

2013 Chrysler 300 S - AWD - 5.7L Hemi V8 - Black or Silver (there are a few 2012 out there CHEAP)

Has anyone owned one? Rented one? Driven one?

I have to go test drive one soon, but I am just seeing what the feedback for these are ...

e79ec17a6f1f7f630be05dfceae2720fx.jpg

f697e7be1864bad904b8196b8b912f6ex.jpg

33e47090c6ced91e7bd24963f1a7d60bx.jpg

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

I had an 06 300c. Traded my Yukon for it six months later traded it for a Tahoe. Lot of little issues GPS quit working then the rear DVD quit. Developed a tranny leak which I find out is "normal" on these. Got it fixed but just to change an o ring and drop pan and refill cost $ 350. I was told the hemi has a Mercedes tranny and the fluid alone is upwards of 150. Final straw was a noise it developed when accelerating they told me it was just what they do. But it got progressively worse. Traded back for gm and couldn't be happier.

ive driven the charger version of that, not AWD but RWD close enough... ive never heard anything bad about them so far. also almost all the newer HDPD cars down here by the shop are those 5.7 8 spd chargers (as well as many other agencies here just dont know many personally) and some of the guys we know beat the piss out of them :lol: and they still have yet to have any major "typical" issues with them. i would say if you like it, then your good to go. plus since it seems your buying it either new or barely used youll have a long warranty on it anyways :thumbs: guess it really comes down to if you like the car

Edited by kelleyperformance (see edit history)

Had an '11 as a rental for a couple month while in Cali. Other than it being under powered (2.7 IIRC) I have noth bad to say of my experience. Comfy ride, decent interior set-up, and plenty of room for a family. As I told you earlier......SRT-8 or go home, lol.

Just get a TBSS in lieu of the Infiniti...or like Jeff said...SRT8...or bust.

Not a fan of the TBSS ... I like the SRT8, but its only RWD ... That won't do me any good in the winter, being up here in New England ...

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

I drive em daily I work for a dealer. They ride great. AWD is a great option but as you know get a lil less mpg but I see your looking at the hemi so gas aint a issue you will still get 23-25mpg hwy. as far as options I'd get one with the blind spot, and auto cruise (has the eye in lower bumper grill) great feature our customers have no complaints. But if your lookn for mpg I'd go with the S edition with 8spd tranny you be up 27mpgs. If you have any ?? About features let me know glad to help

I drive em daily I work for a dealer. They ride great. AWD is a great option but as you know get a lil less mpg but I see your looking at the hemi so gas aint a issue you will still get 23-25mpg hwy. as far as options I'd get one with the blind spot, and auto cruise (has the eye in lower bumper grill) great feature our customers have no complaints. But if your lookn for mpg I'd go with the S edition with 8spd tranny you be up 27mpgs. If you have any ?? About features let me know glad to help

Sounds good ... Yeah, this one has the auto cruise ... It's also an S addition, 5.7.L ... Since its a 2012 (2 years old) they are taking $11k off MSRP ... Can try to work a little more magic on the price ...