Finally Installed My Pioneer AVH-P8400BH DVD Reciever

Hey guys, I finally installed my Pioneer AVH-P8400BH reciever in my SSS. Install went well, but I will warn you do-it-yourselfers that the brace behind the factory radio is a BEAR to get out. I used my sawzall, 4 1\2" angle grinder, and my dremel to get it out cleanly. Anyway, I am glad to get this done and move on to my next mods.

post-20688-0-16057000-1366249340_thumb.jpg

I'm looking into getting the same radio with Bluetooth. I'm not sure if i would get the one with the navigation in it. I use the phone for the navigation.

Is it easy to use?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I've paid crazy paper for units in past 5-7years. Most I've paid was 1200 for an eclipse that later down the road got discontinued. This unit looks awesome bro good choice even tho I'm more of a kenwood guy.

Thanks guys. I love it so far. It has tons of features I won't ever use, but I have them if I ever want to tinker with them. Didn't install the rear view camera. I decided to hold off and install it later if u decide to. I am still up in the air over that. I kinda wish I had gone ahead and put the satellite module in like in my wife's trailblazer, but I could not justify it sine I maybe drive it twice a week and have a short commute. She commutes 45 minutes each way, so it made more sense. I still drive my patina- ed S10 to work most of the time. Now time to install my drop and grill inserts. Making baby steps! Lol

Oh, and it is very user friendly. The metra harness (GMOS-100) worked flawlessly on my steering wheel controls. The Bluetooth works great. I also decided the navigation was not worth the extra cash. I have a garmin and an iPhone, so navigation was not a priority. I looked at the Kenwood DD719 and really liked it as well, just kept gravitation back to this unit.

Edited by MARTYW (see edit history)

Thanks. I still have my camera, but just could not pull the trigger on putting it on right now. I was also tight on time too, which added to my decision to wait. I figured if I add the satellite radio module later, I could add the camera then. Of course it is nothing to pulling the unit out and making the connection to add later, at least at the back of the receiver. The connections in the rear were the ones that were unclear to me. I would definitely like to hear about your experience and that would help me make my mind up.