Rust!

tim03ss

Happend to look under my doors at the seam today, way more rust there than their should be for a 10yr old truck, especially considering i know the last owner of my truck didnt even drive it in the winter. Pretty disapointed in GM not even being able to make a truck not rust in under 10yrs...

All it needs is to sit out in the elements, including rain for that to happen to the bottom sides of the doors, no snow or winter driving needed. It is common, my Tahoe has it and the SS is starting to show signs of it...

All it needs is to sit out in the elements, including rain for that to happen to the bottom sides of the doors, no snow or winter driving needed. It is common, my Tahoe has it and the SS is starting to show signs of it...

i disagree for the most part, of course everything will corrode eventually when left outside. My point is it shouldnt be common for cab corners, wheel arches and under doors that GM vehicles have been know for 5 decades or so! its rediculous.. a $40K+ truck and its body should last longer than 10yrs when cared for, not rust from the inside out.. If i didnt dislike other brands so much id be moving on, and still just might when it comes to newer vehicles at least..

Edited by skolman91 (see edit history)

Just get your trucks repainted and retire them and get cheap DD's... They are getting to rare to be DD's LOL... Mine has 53k on it and looks brand new still with the facotry sticky rubber undercoating still and no rust except some bolt heads here and their and exhaust welds.