magnaflow with resonators

So, I bought a 06 SS and the dude had magnaflow exhaust put on. He said it was too loud so he had resonators put on before the tips. I hate the tips and dont like seeing them. On my other trucks I have the exhaust go out and dump where you just cant see it. Is magnaflow really THAT loud that I need to keep those resonators? Also, are there different series magnaflow? Kinda like flowmaster where that had a 40 series ect... I kinda wanna cut them off (resonators)

I need to get under it so I can figure out exactly what system I've got under there... My last truck I bought brand new and knew every inch of it... This is my only regret about buying a used truck.... It could be worse I suppose.

Yeah def. Look it over good. Sometimes its exciting, ive done it a few times and discovered cool things about a vehicle. Kinda like a kid at x-mas time discovering new things, but there can be a downside. On my ss the previous owner drilled 4 holes in my bed rails to mount a tonneau cover. My bad for not catching it. But i was focusing all my attention on the motor and tranny. Sometimes you miss the little things.

My magnaflow is a little loud but I like it. Drone isn't bad at all. If I wanted it to be quiet while I'm running down the highway I would have got a car. You hear thunder when I'm coming. I love it.

I also had a dual in/dual out Magnaflow, with dual pipes out under the rear bumper. It wasn't too loud for me, but I also had horrible drone on the highway that was annoying as hell.

Dumping it under the truck will make it a lot louder, I think.

Edited by Hankg42 (see edit history)