Parking Brake light trouble

gotah-ny

Help Help I am new to the board and a New owner of a 03 SS with 12000 mi. I love my truck but I got in it today and noticed my parking brake light is illuminated very dimly all the time. It works Ok when I apply the parking brake but when I relaese it still is on very low. Besides the fact that this will eventually kill my battery I was wondering if there may be a bigger trouble on the horizon like a bad master cylinder or something like that. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. :driving:

First of all, welcome to the site. :thumbs: Sorry to hear you're having problems.

I would run it by the dealership and have them look at it. Sounds like an electrical problem.

I guess if I had the problem, I would probably try cycling setting the brake and releasing it a couple of few times just to see if something may be hanging up. If that didn't work I would probably just take a look at the fuse panel (both of them)to see if anything was related in there.

Maybe your parking brake needs adjustment? Never heard that problem before, kind of hard to say.

Let us know what the dealership says.

Archived