My Super Slow SS

Bizo

Also have you changed plugs and wires at all and clean the maf and throttle body? Also new fuel filter not that it will get u flying down the track but it might be go to do to get the truck running better! Just a thought!

NGK TR55ix iridium plugs, fuel filter, and Taylor wires 35k ago so I'll probably do a fuel filter soon. Just cleaned and oiled the K&N last week. Haven't cleaned the MAF but I think I'll do that soon too. I've seen the oil from the filters cause contamination to the MAF's before which I thought about as I was oiling the filter.

R.I.P. great member.

Yup, great guy... He had a beautiful truck too.

Bizo, when you clean your MAF sensor, use a electrical contact cleaner that leaves no residue. You shouldn't touch the MAF sensor itself physically, but spraying it is fine.

Edited by canadianVRss (see edit history)

I bet you will be a bit quicker than what you think. I'd say more like 13.3ish

Really? My local track is at 2200ft and it's always super humid there. It KILLS times. I seen a stock 2011 Sierra Denali run a 15.8 :-/ srt8 jeeps scrape the 14.0 mark. Seen a modded one pull a 13.7. Only things that seem to run really well are boosted, which really swings the advantage to the new ecoboost F150s. I shouldn't have to worry about them now though I don't think :-)

Yup, great guy... He had a beautiful truck too.

Bizo, when you clean your MAF sensor, use a electrical contact cleaner that leaves no residue. You shouldn't touch the MAF sensor itself physically, but spraying it is fine.

Ya, I just cleaned my daily driver (97 Mazda Protege beater) MAF for a low idle/stall and it fixed it. Fuel mileage went back up to 37mpg from 32mpg too. I used electrical contact cleaner but I did see some MAF spray cleaner made by CRC that I might try but it's probably the same thing in a different can.

Really? My local track is at 2200ft and it's always super humid there. It KILLS times. I seen a stock 2011 Sierra Denali run a 15.8 :-/ srt8 jeeps scrape the 14.0 mark. Seen a modded one pull a 13.7. Only things that seem to run really well are boosted, which really swings the advantage to the new ecoboost F150s. I shouldn't have to worry about them now though I don't think :-)

I hope you run mid-low 13's and smoke some of those SRT's. I work for a dodge dealer and those things rip but its still a dodge and I'm not a fan of the product. Love to see GM's tearing it up especially with such a disadvantage when stock.

Edited by Bizo (see edit history)

I think your really gonna be surprised. Once you got that tune dialed in. It's should be a nice gain with the work you did my cam n stall setup got me almost a second pickup in the 1/8. My old track slips were a 9.4 to 9.5 now they are 8.6 to 8.7. Try your beat to keep from spinning of the line. Might have to try a couple different ways to launch it.

Edited by JC03SS (see edit history)

I think your really gonna be surprised. Once you got that tune dialed in. It's should be a nice gain with the work you did my cam n stall setup got me almost a second pickup in the 1/8. My old track slips were a 9.4 to 9.5 now they are 8.6 to 8.7. Try your beat to keep from spinning of the line. Might have to try a couple different ways to launch it.

That's very promising. U AWD? I don't see how I'd get any tire spin unless I had huge amounts of power. The SSS just hooks, even in the rain. I left the line foot braking to the highest rpm I could without the brakes slipping but damn these converters are tight and I'm probably leaving at under 2k rpm.

Last week some kid was up the track with a brand new 300 srt with dealer plate, which tells me it's not a sold car, and he was getting smoked by a TBSS with a Slowhawk tune, exhaust, and thermostat running 14.0. Oh ya, and the TBSS smoke me too. Haha.

Them TBSS are quick! Faster then out trucks stock anyway, like Jason said the tune will help alot. He's helped me out alot along with many other members! He helped me choose my tune I was running 14.7 with just a k&n intake and exhaust nothing more then got a tune from zippy then ran a 14.3 launching at 1k but like they said get a servo shift kit headers ect bolt on's do a tune up and practice launching at different rpm and see how you do... Alot of great guys on here and will help you with anything you need to know and help guide you in the right direction to get your truck to where you want it to be

I don't see how I'd get any tire spin unless I had huge amounts of power.

The pic in my sig. is from the 1st Sunday of the season at NED (maybe 5 years ago) and I was spinning off the line. Cold weather with zero track prep :)

Edited by JF-03-SS (see edit history)

Last week some kid was up the track with a brand new 300 srt with dealer plate, which tells me it's not a sold car, and he was getting smoked by a TBSS with a Slowhawk tune, exhaust, and thermostat running 14.0. Oh ya, and the TBSS smoke me too. Haha.

The TBSS with those mods was only running 14.0? Don't feel bad about your 15.9 then. Seen a SRT8 300 run a 12.8 with slicks and 2800 stall only and the guy weighed atleast 400.

The TBSS with those mods was only running 14.0? Don't feel bad about your 15.9 then. Seen a SRT8 300 run a 12.8 with slicks and 2800 stall only and the guy weighed atleast 400.

The kid with the TBSS said he ran 15.0 then went to Slowhawk for a tune and thermostat the ran 13.2's. He was running consistent 14.0's the night I was there so maybe it was just a bad night for racing. I'll be back up in a few weeks with my tune and thermostat. Itching to go back up already, love drag racing. It's almost as fun as bench racing, or is it called forum racing now?

The kid with the TBSS said he ran 15.0 then went to Slowhawk for a tune and thermostat the ran 13.2's. He was running consistent 14.0's the night I was there so maybe it was just a bad night for racing. I'll be back up in a few weeks with my tune and thermostat. Itching to go back up already, love drag racing. It's almost as fun as bench racing, or is it called forum racing now?

Ill bench race you right here.. right now.. for pink slips..... LETS DO THIS!

Ill bench race you right here.. right now.. for pink slips..... LETS DO THIS!

You don't want none if this kid! I got the fastest imagination on the bench. And if I can't bench beat ya, I know this guy who puts a $100 bill on his dashboard...

Compared to the other sport trucks (Ram Srt-10 and Lightning) the SS is the slowest stock vs. stock, but once you get down to the mods the awd makes it a competitor.

ARH would be my only choice. 100% American made and products, do not have to worry about Chinease metal, and their may be more in the future to to offer from them. Their is a place in MA that has a dyno long enough for our trucks, however we would need a group of us to get Don to the dyno as the place that houses the dyno is a foreign car (mostly bmw) mod shop. Ive also been talking to Don about things I need done to the truck.

I'm not trying to bust your balls, but pretty much all Stainless steel is made in China. I'm in the manufacturing business, 80% of what we make is stainless (oil and gas industry). The raw material comes for china.

Edited by onebadmax (see edit history)