went to the track lastnight

CJ_978

a few friends and i went down to the track lastnight, and man what a great time that was! alot of vehicles there and 2 of them blew their motors... only 3 of us ran lastnight, one of my buddies has a mazda speed 3 and another buddy has a VW touareg v10 diesel.. last time i was at the track i ran a 14.7 with just my CAI and magnaflow catback exhaust.. i bought a tune a few months back and the track opened up a couple weeks ago so i thought it was about time to see what i run with the new tune i went down the track 3 times... i gotta get my R/T down better lol

first time down the track i ran a 14.769 against a 06 GTO he ran a 13.977

second time down the track i ran a 14.565 against my buddies touareg he ran a 16.049

third time down the track i ran a 14.380 against an acura integra he ran a 16.038

so there is a story about the kid with the touareg.... any of you guys have that "friend" who thinks they are better then anyone else and thinks their shit dont stink but you tolerate them anyway when they are around? well thats the kid with the touareg haha he just bought the thing and was like this thing is so fast it has so much torque bla bla bla, he was like CJ my touareg will eat your SS bla bla bla, im the type of guy who just shakes my head and yes's people to death.. haha well the video i post will explain the race we had... safe to say he didnt really say much afterwords lol

(videos are shitty quality and whoever took them did a bad job haha)

race against the touareg

th_AC0775DF-C1ED-458B-B8FB-1062AB85C99B-22745-00000617081E2A68_zps250b159c.jpg

race against the integra

th_3FB72512-2EEC-4995-857E-5043F9FEAF9B-22745-0000061713ADEE82_zps7e2d2713.jpg

my time slip im number 693

BE6F81F0-F1A3-4A61-89ED-D9A837482F51-22745-000006170E639691_zpsfece865a.jpg

19540F79-C6C7-4895-99D6-ABB6E53E3158-22745-000006170222D63A_zpsc24e3f8a.jpg

98226C3A-983F-4003-9B2C-0CE61BA64CD0-22745-00000616FE51D67D_zps59e6557e.jpg

Thanks guys! I'm very happy with the times I got with the little mods I have, I was launching at 1k each time hope to see you up there sometime Jesse

1k seemed to work pretty well? Do you think it would hurt or help your times if you were to brake stall higher? Maybe to 1600?

1k seemed to work pretty well? Do you think it would hurt or help your times if you were to brake stall higher? Maybe to 1600?

i can try it i know when i was brake stalling around 2 it kinda just dogged next time i'll try a little higher see what it does

i can try it i know when i was brake stalling around 2 it kinda just dogged next time i'll try a little higher see what it does

I was just curious. Im gonna try several launches at different RPMs and at different spots in christmas tree to get my reaction and ET dead on.. I have very little track experience so i would like to spend a day or two at the test and tunes to practice. With a 2800 stall going in this week, do you think i should stall all the way up to the point where i start pushing through my brakes, then back of just a hair? Boost launching would be nice, im just curious if itll actually help or hurt to stall that high at launch.

With yr setup don't stall up to high. Go 1500 to 2k. And on the tree when the last yellow starts to blink leave. I cut a 60 n and 80. Went 015 red once. But that will get u close.

With yr setup don't stall up to high. Go 1500 to 2k. And on the tree when the last yellow starts to blink leave. I cut a 60 n and 80. Went 015 red once. But that will get u close.

Okay. Yeah ill try several approaches and find out what works. Im sure there'll be plenty of drag experts there that i can ask for advice as well. Im definitely stoked to see what it'll do.

Me too. Don't be surprised if all 4 tires spin haha. I cut a couple pretty good 60ft times. But I don't have near the power you have. At least you have an idea of what to try. I'm no pro by far but I have made 16 passes in the last month so I'm pretty close to where I wanna be. Btw you get those pics I text u?

Me too. Don't be surprised if all 4 tires spin haha. I cut a couple pretty good 60ft times. But I don't have near the power you have. At least you have an idea of what to try. I'm no pro by far but I have made 16 passes in the last month so I'm pretty close to where I wanna be. Btw you get those pics I text u?

Yeah man! Thanks. Haha i busted my phone a few days ago. Screen is all screwed up. So i had to peer through the shattered glass to see the pics, but could make it out. The trucks lookin good!