finally dropped

asullivan

After almost a year of debating with myself I finally went ahead and dropped my truck. I went with the DJM 3/4 kit with the Belltech SP shocks. I had intended on doing a C-notch just for extra clearance, but the shop I had do the install didn't feel comfortable with the kit (something about the notch sat an inch further forward then where the axle would be on the 3/4) so I went without it. At first I thought it was a huge mistake because after I had picked up the truck, the rear was banging like crazy. I went ahead and crawled underneath the next morning and noticed that they had put the new 1/2" bump stop in the original bump stops little box frame (which stuck out further then the bump stop lol). So I went ahead and unbolted the little bump stop box and bolted the new 1/2" bump stop to the frame (not sure if your supposed to do this) but ever since I have done that it rides like a dream. I figured for towing I could get some helper bags down the road. Anyways on to the pics!

Before:

IMAG1057-1_zps3faaf38e.jpg

IMAG1056.jpg

After:

IMG_0793_zps79eabff7.jpg

IMG_0805_zps755a9025.jpg

IMG_0803_zps7fa4f4b9.jpg

pesky bump stop box

IMG_0797_zpscef2a090.jpg

I still need to bring the front down another 1/2" or so, the front seems to sit a tad bit higher then the rear, figured I would give it a week to settle then maybe mess with the torsion bars a little bit. Let me know what you guys think as far as whats a good set of helper bags to go with! So far though I am very pleased with this kit!

OH Yeah !! Now you got her sitting nice! Love the drop. Yeah these 3/4 kits dont work perfect with our trucks. You gotta mess with the torsion key bolts to get her totally level. Otherwise like you said the rear sits lower. Same issue i had.

P.S. You need smaller tires, Those look like balloons.... LOL

Edited by cmoney23 (see edit history)

P.S. You need smaller tires, Those look like balloons.... LOL

No way dude!!! I HATE an empty fender well. Fill it up! Either with rim, or tire. 275/55R20, or 305/40R22 (or 285, depending on what the rim allows)

Truck is looking great man! That drop is PERFECT! I gotta throw some clean 22s under mine to get the look i want. But, too picky to decide.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

No way dude!!! I HATE an empty fender well. Fill it up! Either with rim, or tire. 275/55R20, or 305/40R22 (or 285, depending on what the rim allows)

Truck is looking great man! That drop is PERFECT! I gotta throw some clean 22s under mine to get the look i want. But, too picky to decide.

Stop steering him in the wrong direction... LOL............. I too am deciding on 22's. Its gonna be a $2k decision. 22" reps vs. 22's with a big fat lip ? Either way im goin 285/40/22. Thats 1/2" smaller in height than the stock 275/55/20

Edited by cmoney23 (see edit history)

yeah I am way too picky to do any wheel shopping at this point lol, Before I had my SS I had an Audi and I love the types of wheels that go with the VW/AudI scene. I would love to see what some CCW classic wheels or rotiforms would look like on the truck, I feel it could be really awesome or just horrendous lol but thats way to much money to gamble on unless some one wants to do a lil photoshoping for me???

Stop steering him in the wrong direction... LOL............. I too am deciding on 22's. Its gonna be a $2k decision. 22" reps vs. 22's with a big fat lip ? Either way im goin 285/40/22. Thats 1/2" smaller in height than the stock 275/55/20

Im sure you've looked into them already, but the U2 55's have a FAT lip. It looks real nice. BUT its a 6spoke and i know how that makes you feel. :greddy:

Hahaha :jester:

Im looking at split spokes and more exotic looking billets. Too damn indecisive and i dont wanna spend the $ and then decide i wanna go another direction. So ive been hounding Craigslist for a set of 22s with rubber to get me through the summer. There are lots of KMC slides on CL. But again, not really what im looking for.

Im sure you've looked into them already, but the U2 55's have a FAT lip. It looks real nice. BUT its a 6spoke and i know how that makes you feel. :greddy:

Hahaha :jester:

Too tell ya the truth I like the U2 55's. Thats up in my top 3.. I may go with them actually.. There a nice clean looking wheel with a fat lip and not to busy.

I'd dare to say it rides better then stock

its those street perf. Shocks, i also have them and there money!! Did you do the 3" control arms? I did the LCA's and i think thats why mine rides so good..