HP Tuners V2.24

detjoe

Anyone following this?? Does this mean I can upgrade to v 2.24 and still be able to read files made on the beta version??

Any other pro's or con's about the new software?? Discuss

I upgraded on my desktop and my laptop and so far it seems I can open old, new, and beta files seamlessly! I haven't done anything with it yet because I haven't needed to but it seems to open and save files good for me on Windows 7. I would keep a extra install file of the beta version just in case you run into issues but I don't think you will. I'm glad to see a new version and it opens up without the annoying beta warning screen each time which is very nice...

Edited by Matt* (see edit history)

How does the beta version work? Can you do tuning with it? I downloaded it but since I dont have a cord for the computer to truck I cant really seem to try it out.

How does the beta version work? Can you do tuning with it? I downloaded it but since I dont have a cord for the computer to truck I cant really seem to try it out.

The beta does everything the normal version does. You have to buy the software in order to tune anything.

Not sure what you mean by that but you can change pretty much whatever tables you want (it's not like a handheld tuner, you actually have to know what numbers will do what when you plug them in). If you want more info check out hptuners forum FAQs, good basic info there.

gas octane like how pump gas it says 86/88/90(91) It's because the guy who owned the truck put it to 91 octane but there no need for it there was nothing done to the truck. ( he bought a handheld one to do this) and I want to change it back to stock. And yeah I know mostly how hptuners work but I want to also buy it so when I swap a 6.0 in my truck I can just do the tuning myself.

• 2 weeks later...

my laptop is only used for running HPT and is so unupdated that I am still trying to get the 2.24 to run...having some issues with the .net framork :(

not totally stuck...got an email to support@hpt and am going thru a bunch of updates while I wait...

• 2 weeks later...

The 2.24 is great. Nice to not have to click that beta warning every time although I'll likely end up with 2.25 beta soon enough. One thing to make sure everyone does is to manually check your Windows updates once in a while since the framework updates are often under optional updates and therefore aren't usually done with the automatic updates. Basicly if you have your computer set for automatic updates you still should check the update list once a month manually to make sure you have the latest updates. Most problems with HPT are based on not having the latest framework updates especially in the logging portion.