Odd Steering Wheel Feel

RU18YET

I just recently got a flat on my front left tire and I bought one new tire because it was unfixable. I will buy 3 new tires once I get paid. I got the tire mounted and balanced and then rotated the front to the back and the back to the front. The other three tires have maybe 30% tread left. After I got them rotated I noticed a rough feel in my steering wheel. Not a shake but just feels rough when driving. It gets a little worse on the interstate. I am wondering if the tires that are now on the front would cause this because of possible uneven tread wear or just worn? I jacked up the front and there is no play in the wheel bearings. Any advice would be awesome. Thanks

Being AWD I wouldn't drive to much till you got match tire all your other 3 are basiclly bald to 3/32nds (30%to me)or less if you run that with a new tire at 13/32nds that will mess things up quick in drivetrain

Edited by BLNAWAY (see edit history)

Yes it started after the new tire which makes me think that's the cause. The 3 new tires are on order and will be installed the middle of next week. I will try not to run it much. Would it be better to have the slightly larger tire on the front instead of the back?

Yes it started after the new tire which makes me think that's the cause. The 3 new tires are on order and will be installed the middle of next week. I will try not to run it much. Would it be better to have the slightly larger tire on the front instead of the back?

I don't really know but my guess is that you would be better off running the odd size tire i the rear. (My guess based on the transfer case in the front driveline, plus the front diff seems to be more delicate than the rear).

Hopefully someone who actually knows will chime in on this one.

honestly there no good/better spot on AWD